We are looking for a finance manager with an accounting background and in-depth SAP functional knowledge to join Peloton’s Finance Transformation Team. It is an exciting time to join the Finance Transformation team, as we are currently building the best in class Finance solution with the implementation of SAP S/4 HANA. You will be a key member on the implementation project and in the post-go live organization. We are looking for a candidate with previous experience supporting Finance teams in their use of SAP focusing on Management Accounting module and its integration with procure-to-pay, manufacturing and order-to-cash.
As part of the role, you will work closely with Accounting and Finance subject matter experts to understand business requirements and develop a deep understanding of Peloton’s financial processes. Combined with your knowledge of SAP, you will work closely with IT and our integration partner to come up with best in class solutions that will create efficiencies to the accounting close process and support Peloton’s evolving business at scale. In addition, you will partner cross-functionally with critical areas of the business, including supply chain and logistics, sales and eCommerce, and technology/engineering to deliver a truly integrated ERP system.
The ideal candidate is a system-savvy problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced, challenging environment and who consistently exceeds expectations. This role requires proficiency in the analysis of system requirements and solution design. An effective candidate will be expected to contribute relevant technical, functional, and process expertise, negotiate and drive alignment across the broader Finance and Accounting organization and cross functional partners. We are looking for an agile team-player who enjoys working with different parts of the organization, and also has a solid foundational understanding of financial accounting and internal controls.
We are looking for candidates who have held similar positions in public companies, or who have held functional lead level positions with a consulting firm serving Fortune 500 clients for 7 or more years. Demonstrated experience in providing leadership to meet complex challenges will be expected, as this is an ongoing requirement for this position.
- Play a leading role in Peloton’s implementation of SAP S/4HANA and other related supply chain system implementations, with a specific focus on integration points between supply chain and financial processes
- Collaborate and partner closely with internal stakeholders on the Connected Fitness Inventory accounting team, tax, and FP&A teams to ensure the design and functionality of the SAP S/4 Hana solution (including integrated supply chain systems) is driving value and efficiency for the organization.
- Take an active role in the test phase of the project - build test scenarios, scripts and support end users with all testing phases
- Support data cleansing and conversion activities for financial data
- Help with development of relevant training materials and SOP’s, and training delivery to Accounting & Finance team members
- Ability to problem solve and provide hands-on support during post-go live hyper care and support phases
- Following go-live, continuously look to make improvements to the system; spearhead enhancement projects and support strategic initiatives key to Peloton’s overall strategy
- Provide perspective from your industry experience on how Peloton should operate - what processes should we further standardize or differentiate to build a best in class supply chain and finance operating model
- Define and drive documentation of current and target state business processes and related systems flow with emphasis on cross-functional impact
- Flexibly move between the Product Owner, “SME”, Process Designer, and Systems Architect as required by the situation at hand, leaning on the experts where needed but never allowing forward progress to slow
- Develop strong working relationships with the Supply Chain and Manufacturing, Finance, IT, and Member Experiences teams to ensure a cohesive product
- Degree in accounting, business, computer science and/or related experience
- 7+ years’ experience of related experience in large companies
- Experience completing a full cycle SAP ERP implementation, upgrade enhancements, and support
- Hands on and strong understanding of SAP Material Ledger (Multiple valuation, actual costing), Product costing, Intercompany and transfer pricing
- Hands-on and understand integration with Procure to pay process, Quote to cash cycle, and Plan to Inventory cycle
- Ability to manage team and vendor relationships
- CPA, MBA, and/or equivalent
- Knowledge of subscription product is a plus
- Knowledge of indirect taxes (US/EMEA/APAC)
- Understanding of operational accounting concepts, including intercompany transactions for multi-entity environment and accounting considerations related to manufacturing, inventory management, and procurement processes.
- Direct experience working with best in class supply chain systems - big ERP, transportation management systems, quality management systems, manufacturing systems, warehouse management systems
- Experience with SAP reporting tools - Business Objects (Analysis for Office, Web Intelligence)
- Proficient communication skills: proven ability to communicate effectively with internal and external business partners at various levels and to understand and express complex technical and accounting concepts
- Highly organized with the ability to drive high level strategic thinking while also rolling up your sleeves to get the job done with a focus on issue resolution
- Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously, demonstrating rigorous attention to detail and adaptability to take on new projects and challenges.
- Worked in a fast-paced company similar to a high-tech start-up
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.