Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
The Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis will develop and oversee effective financial forecast and budget processes, metric development and analysis as well as manage reporting, ad hoc analysis and decision support. You will support management in developing financial, operational and strategic models (both short term and longer term strategic planning) with a focus on the delivery of effective and timely performance analysis. You will also develop, maintain, and champion the use of reporting tools to expand the breadth and depth of financial operational reporting in pursuit of improved visibility to management for information necessary to support strategic and tactical decision making. You will also be responsible for Board reporting and investor relations.
- Drives the annual operating budget development process and monthly re-forecasting
- Manage a team of up three people
- Ensures annual budgets are realistic and are aligned with company leadership and strategic direction of the business.
- Manage and report on operational metrics in addition to developing new metrics to support the management team and strategic direction of the business
- Detail understanding and review of economic drivers
- Decision support for investments and strategic decision making and ongoing measurement of strategic investments and regular updates on the performance of those investments.
- Revenue analytics and understanding the drivers behind revenue and being able to concisely present and identify potential issues and opportunities.
- Develops and refines budgeting techniques to provide optimum control and planning tools.
- Communicates with operational leadership to enable them to fulfill their business objectives
- Provides consultation to operational leadership on key projects, financial matters, financial performance, and related issues
- Prepares monthly/quarterly analysis for management, including business reviews, rolling revenue and expense forecasts, headcount modeling and G&A review
- Provides consultation to operational leadership on and advises on the planning for new programs
- Support all BOD and Management Reporting, Share results with Investors on request
- Other projects as requested by Company
- BA or BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
- SaaS experience is highly desirable as well as public company experience
- 7-10 years of experience in finance and accounting in developing budgets and forecasts and other financial planning responsibilities.
- Extremely detail oriented
- Understanding of US GAAP, including software and SaaS revenue recognition
- Very proficient in the use of Microsoft Office tools (power user of Excel) or similar tools. Experience using a Software planning tool (Adaptive, Host, Domo, Hyperion etc) a plus
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills with all levels of employees, management, executives, and other organizations
- Proven project management, problem-solving, critical thinking, and decision-making ability
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to influence and interface effectively with employees at all levels within the company as well as external professionals
- Ability to function in a consultative style and to drive for results through cross-functional interactions
Namely is the first HR, payroll, and benefits platform employees actually love to use. People are at the center of everything we do—from our platform to our staff. Why join us? We believe every company and every employee deserves a great workplace, supported by HR technology they use and love. Most importantly, we believe in giving you the tools you need to do the best work of your career.
We invite you to fill out the EEO survey below as part of our ongoing diversity initiatives at Namely. Your participation in the survey is completely optional and voluntary, and none of the information you provide will be considered in the hiring process or with respect to any employment decision made by Namely. Namely will have access only to anonymized data submitted through these surveys.