Manager, FP&A at Policygenius
Want to help people get the financial protection they need — and feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare and buy all types of insurance online. Since 2014, we’ve become the nation's leading insurance marketplace, raising over $52 million of venture capital and helping more than 5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're growing rapidly and looking for people with grit, great attitudes and creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of INC's best workplaces two years in a row!
About the role...
The Finance team is at the heart of everything Policygenius does. We ensure that financial performance is forecasted and tracked and that each department has the financial data it needs to solve important problems and make strategic decisions. This role will work closely with other stakeholders across Policygenius to bring the finance mindset to all of our company initiatives. Reporting into the VP of Finance, you will have a unique opportunity to play an integral role in developing Pg’s financial strategy and solving new challenges in a fast-growing company!
- Build the foundation for our FP&A operations to enable better decision-making and deliver deeper analysis on faster timelines for all departments
- Lead company-wide annual and monthly forecasting processes, including the development of budgets and financial targets
- Support colleagues on financial issues impacting their areas of accountability and help build/enhance reporting to provide insights and analysis for key stakeholders
- Maintain our analysis and budgeting process with input and guidance from senior leadership
- Collaborate with the Assistant Controller to analyze and report out on budgeted results and when necessary, reforecasting to shape decision-making
- Provide accurate, timely, and actionable monthly reporting on key business metrics to operating teams, company leadership, and other groups as necessary
- A Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of financial planning and analysis or private equity or investment banking experience
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to multi-task; demonstrated success working in an independent, deadline-driven environment
- A passion for numbers & precision; you understand the importance of company financials and do not compromise on accuracy
- Advanced modeling and presentation skills; experience in Excel, Google Docs, and Quickbooks or similar system
- Knowledge of financial statement analysis
- Excellent customer focus, a service mentality, and the desire to partner with internal stakeholders
- Extraordinary written and verbal communication skills
- An energetic, go-getter mentality, a “no job too big or small” attitude, and a passion for the Policygenius mission
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)