Manager, FP&A at Rent the Runway
About Rent the Runway:
Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed and disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the world’s first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. We’ve pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories and home decor from over 650 designer partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times. RTR has five retail stores of the future, 11 million community members and employs nearly 1,800 people, all of whom have equal benefits across the organization, 93% of whom are female and/or non-white, with 80% of leaders who are women.
About the Job:
This position offers the opportunity to provide critical business intelligence that empowers senior management to make sound decisions. By way of first class management reporting, diligent analyses, and strategic modeling, the Finance team delivers timely results and encourages open discussion and creative solutions to improve the quality of our work as the business grows. This position plays a vital role in achieving these goals, and the incumbent should have an entrepreneurial drive, be able to interact with a variety of people, develop and maintain complex models, demonstrate flexibility, and meet rapid deadlines.
What You’ll Do:
- Build financial models that will enable senior leadership to make effective decisions about the company’s cost base and revenue projections
- Present, analyze, and interpret relevant financial data to senior leadership - partnering closely with key leaders to impact strategic business decisions
- Work on a variety of special projects that may include M&A, financings, new business initiatives, etc.
- Own budgeting process including annual review and analysis, assigning department specific budgets, and tracking monthly/quarterly actuals vs. budget
- Partner with key business areas to perform strategic analysis and modeling to help inform department specific spending and decisions
- Analyze competitor performance and market trends
- Write commentary that adds value and draws attention to key issues and/or perspectives
- Establish and report key operating metrics used to drive the business to greater efficiency
- Assisting in the upgrade of reporting standards through the pursuit of continuous process improvement and liaison with the various business departments
- Preparing and delivering daily, weekly and monthly management reports to key constituents
- Functioning effectively in an especially fast-paced start-up operating environment, managing time effectively to address high priority items in a timely manner
- Assisting in preparation of materials for Board of Director meetings
- You have a bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or Statistics
- You have 3+ years of finance and/or strategic analysis experience
- You have entrepreneurial drive, excellent communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- You are proficient in financial analysis and model building
- You have experience utilizing various valuation methodologies including discounted cash flow, P/E, EV/EBITDA, and SOTP analysis
- You have experience working in investment banking, M&A, FP&A, or corporate finance
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!