TrialSpark is a technology-driven drug development company that runs end-to-end clinical trials, focused on bringing new treatments to patients faster and more efficiently.
The biggest bottleneck in bringing new treatments to patients is the clinical trial. On average, getting a drug through the trial process takes nearly a decade and frequently costs $1B+. To combat this industry problem, TrialSpark has built a technology platform that optimizes all aspects of a clinical trial, enabling more efficient trial design, faster trial completion, and higher trial data quality.
TrialSpark recently raised their Series C, and is putting the capital to work by in-licensing and co-developing drug programs through in-house development, joint ventures, and NewCos. Together with doctors, patients, and communities, TrialSpark is working to develop the treatments of tomorrow.About the Position
Include but are not limited to:
- In coordination with the Head of Investments and the Director of Investments, the Manager will assist with the assessment of science, clinical development plans, regulatory outlook, commercial opportunities, intellectual property, competitive landscape and valuation analysis to help determine the overall attractiveness of potential investment and asset licensing opportunities
- Participate on due diligence calls with physicians, scientists, and other subject matter experts (consultants) and support the development of therapeutic market and financial models to support investment recommendations
- Assist in the preparation of investment materials and supporting documentation associated with potential investments
- Attend scientific, business development and broker conferences to identify investment and asset licensing opportunities
- Conduct company screens in various therapeutic areas using proprietary specialized databases.
- Assist in operations and other ad hoc tasks to support portfolio management
- Must have 2 to 5 years of professional experience at a top-tier investment bank or consulting firm (healthcare focus) or a biotechnology company, preferably in areas of business development or M&A.
- Strong financial modeling skills and significant experience with PowerPoint
- Motivated to learn the investing business.
- Experience working with various databases, libraries and other data sources to assist in researching companies, clinical trials, competitive positioning, commercial opportunities and other areas of interest is preferred
- Excellent communication skills and a proven ability to work collaboratively internally and externally.
- Strong work ethic
- Team player
- Passion for healthcare investing
- Organized and detail-oriented, with a demonstrated ability to multi-task
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.