Manager, Market Strategic Finance at Cityblock Health
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
We are seeking an innovative, execution-focused Manager of Market Strategic Finance to join and manage initiatives that will drive the financial success and sustainability of our markets. In this role, you will serve as the primary finance partner to the operational and clinical leadership in select markets to set business and financial plans, track performance against plan, and surface actionable insights to drive prioritization of initiatives and investment of resources. Your responsibilities, among others, will include:
- Manage the development of budgets and forecasts for select markets, in collaboration with FP&A, actuary, growth, and market leadership
- Lead the development, tracking, and reporting of operational and financial metrics
- Identify and monitor ongoing business risks, opportunities, strengths, weaknesses in the market
- Innovate the tools we use to surface and distill financial information to our market teams
- Represent the finance team in meetings and serve as the subject matter expert from finance on operational and analytical projects
- Work closely with a cross-functional slice of leaders across the company
Requirements for the Role:
- 6+ years in a business role with heavy finance exposure (such as consulting, banking, VC/PE, FP&A or strategic finance at a company)
- You are excited by the idea of building the finance infrastructure and strategy of a fast-growing, complex company with an innovative business model
- You like working with operators and translating financial strategy into operational strategy
- You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves, including by building financial models and slide presentations
- You are methodical, thorough, and meticulous
- You marry operational and financial data to build a cohesive story
How We Define Success:
- You build strong, productive, and collaborative relationships with market leadership in order to drive the financial success of our markets
- Markets leaders view you as a trusted partner and key stakeholder in driving success of their markets
- You provide market leadership with consistent, balanced summaries of findings to support budget trade-offs, investment decisions, historical performance, etc.
- You own a forecasting cycle, identifying and communicating market specific risks and quantifying potential impacts
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Exposure to value-based care models and the national payer and risk-bearing provider landscape, as well as digital health trends and new entrants
- Experience with data analysis and business intelligence tools (such as SQL, Python, Looker)
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.