Manager, Payments Operations at Justworks
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.The job - Payments Operations Manager
You will be responsible for the coordination and management of the team handling daily payroll processing, insufficient funds, and other operational tasks related to ACH money movement. We are looking for a hands-on leader, who will think and act both strategically and tactically and build a lean team. You should be an enthusiastic individual with the ability to inspire others, as you will be responsible for coaching, mentoring and developing your team members.What you'll do
- Own and manage the operational workflow for daily payroll processing, insufficient funds, and backend payments system updates
- Handle general management responsibilities such as leading regular team meetings, generating weekly metrics reports, and conducting periodic performance reviews
- Establish and ensure adherence to policies and SLAs
- Partner with our Product and Engineering teams to improve systems, diagnose bugs, and deploy solutions
- Identify pain points and remediate issues by creating processes and maintaining operational tools
- Communicate changes in procedures and other important updates across teams
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of work experience, operations preferred
- Prior team lead or management experience preferred
- ACH experience preferred
- Interested in building scalable processes and leveraging data to inform them
- Technologically savvy; experience with utilizing multiple systems and software program
- SQL knowledge preferred
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.Diversity at Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.