At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
The Payments Operations team is responsible for ensuring Justworks daily ACH payments processing is handled timely and accurately on behalf of thousands of small businesses. As a manager on this team, you will need to be comfortable with being accountable for high-volume ACH transactions and approach challenges with a problem-solving mindset. You are operationally minded, an effective people manager, and passionate about building efficient and robust payments processes.
This role is part of the Payments & Tax Unit, a multifunctional unit that includes systems development and operations, business operations, vendor management, tax agency relations, and internal support. You will report to the Senior Manager, Product Operations.What you'll do
- Manage, train and develop the operations team dedicated to daily payments processing
- Handle general management responsibilities such as conducting 1:1s, leading regular team meetings, generating weekly metrics reports
- Identify pain points and remediate issues by creating processes and maintaining operational tools
- Establish and ensure adherence to policies, standard operating procedures, and controls alongside the accounting and internal audit functions
- Assist with ensuring resiliency of our processing function including elimination of single points of failure and troubleshooting payments issues
- 3+ years of direct management experience
- 3+ years of prior experience working in payroll, payments, or financial services
- Proven operational knowledge of the payments industry, high volume ACH payments processing, and reverse wire
- Familiar with risk management, fraud mitigation, and collections
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment