Manager of Payroll Accounting
Yext is the leading Digital Knowledge Management (DKM) platform. Yext's mission is to give companies control over their brand experiences across the digital universe of maps, apps, search engines, voice assistants, and other intelligent services that drive consumer discovery, decision, and action. Today, thousands of businesses including brands like Taco Bell, Rite Aid, and Steward Health use the Yext Knowledge Engine™ to manage their digital knowledge in order to boost brand engagement, drive foot traffic, and increase sales.
Yext is seeking an experienced payroll and commissions professional to join our growing team. The Manager of Payroll Accounting will be responsible for maintaining and operating the Company's payroll function, processes and systems, including global payroll, commissions payments, commission calculations, bonuses, payroll related taxes and certain business operations. The Payroll Manager will partner and work closely with HR, Equity, and Finance teams. This manager will be a true partner to the organization always approaching work with a lens of adding value to the company.
- Maintain, operate and update payroll systems/processes on a daily basis
- Support and review commissions payments, processes and functions as needed
- Manage the payroll cycle for all Yext entities (international and domestic), including setting up international payroll for new international entities
- Calculate and process global payroll, commissions payments, and payroll taxes transactions
- Ensure bonuses/commissions/variable pay earnings are accurate and on-time for the sales teams in line with current compensation plans
- Investigate and drive resolution to payroll questions from finance and HR teams
- Work with HR to develop processes for the timely reporting, recording and review of bonuses, new hires, promotions and other compensation related changes.
- Ensure compliance with internal policies and controls, SOX as well as compliance with external laws and regulatory guidance.
- Be responsible for properly coding commissions, payroll, taxes and equity to ensure expenses, cash, tax payments, equity reports, etc. are reconciled to payroll subledger/system and the accounting system.
- Promote proper procedure and infrastructure within company-wide teams and groups
- Provide monthly analysis and report on payroll related metrics
- Work with Equity & tax teams to ensure tax calculations for equity-based compensation awards are prepared, reviewed and timely submitted to payroll for processing
- Close attention to detail to ensure accuracy and eliminate any subsequent adjustments to payroll
- Commitment to process improve and reengineer current systems to build efficient and scalable payroll process
- BA/BS degree
- 6+ years of Payroll experience,
- Experience with major Payroll and ERP system (ADP, Workday, Netsuite)
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on capacity
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, flexible hours/paid time off, and excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext has been named a Best Place to Work by Fortune and Great Place to Work® as well as a Best Workplace for Women. Yext is headquartered in New York City with offices in Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Geneva, London, Paris, Tyson's Corner, San Francisco, Shanghai, and Tokyo. Learn more about the Yext team and culture on the muse, our website, and our blog.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.