Help Us Build the Future of Money
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Department: Financial Operations
The Financial Operations and Accounting Teams at Gemini are thought leaders in the digital asset accounting and reconciliation space. Our mandate is to bridge the traditional world of finance with the innovation of cryptocurrency products, providing our clients with a best-in-class financial institution experience.
The Role: Manager, Payroll and Equity Administration
Gemini is seeking a Manager of Payroll and Equity Administration with a drive to operate in a high-growth environment and strong experience in payroll, 401(k), and equity compensation at a global company. The position will be an entrusted cross-functional business partner with People, Legal, Accounting and Tax teams. A focus on regulatory compliance and building strong internal controls is critical. This position is an individual contributor reporting to the Director of Financial Operations.
- Manage full-cycle processing of US and International payroll on a semi-monthly basis for 300+ employees.
- Manage partnership with ADP to optimize system functionality and exploit opportunities for process automation on ADP Workforce Now.
- Implement, maintain, and review payroll processing systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, taxes and other deductions.
- Prepare journal entries and monthly payroll reconciliations
- Manage tax and benefits compliance and reporting with all Federal, State, and Local payroll compliance, including tax withholding, and garnishments.
- Identify recommendations to scale processes to enhance payroll operational efficiency including the design and implementation of internal controls and maintain payroll policies and procedures
- Answer employee questions regarding payroll and process payroll changes
- Partner with Legal and Finance on the design of global equity programs and coordinate the rollout
- Ensure compliance with US and foreign securities regulations and tax requirements, including annual equity-related filings
- Manage workers compensation and 401k plan audits
- Administer global equity plans, performance awards, releases, cancellations, terminations, purchase and refund events
- Serve as a resource for participants' questions about all equity awards
- Reconcile monthly equity activity, including shares outstanding and share reserves between company records, and third-party vendors like brokers and transfer agents
- Ensure appropriate tax withholding, accounting and compliance, including global mobility tracking
- Assist with the development of internal controls and the automation of equity processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, or related course of study
- 5+ years of relevant experience in payroll processing, equity administration and related accounting analysis and month-end reconciliations
- Ability to work well independently and as a team member in a time sensitive environment
- Unquestionable ethics and discretion when dealing with confidential and sensitive data
- Advanced Excel skills required (critical to success in the position); experience with accounting software preferred
- CPA certification and CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) certification preferred but not required
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Building the Future of Money is a global mission that promises to transform lives across borders, societies, and cultures. At Gemini, we know that our success is impossible without diverse teams who represent our end users, so we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know!
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.