Manager, Revenue Accounting at Yext
The customer journey starts with a question. And consumers expect answers. Yext puts businesses in control of their facts online with brand-verified answers in search. By serving accurate, consistent, brand-verified answers to consumer questions, Yext delivers authoritative information straight from the source — the business itself — no matter where or how customers are searching. Taco Bell, Marriott, Jaguar Land Rover, and businesses around the globe use the Yext platform to capture consumer intent and drive digital discovery, engagement, and revenue — all from a single source of truth. Yext’s mission is to provide perfect answers everywhere.
Yext is seeking a top tier candidate for a Manager, Revenue Accounting position to join its growing and dynamic accounting team within a fast-paced organization. Reporting to the Director, Revenue Accounting, this role will work closely with members of the Revenue, Finance Systems, Operations, Legal and FP&A teams. The ideal candidate will have strong revenue recognition expertise, a solid working knowledge of US GAAP, data analysis and process/systems expertise. The candidate will also have a proven track record of successful cross-functional communication and collaboration to continuously improve processes. This role offers a tremendous opportunity to make a positive impact with a growing company and to work collaboratively with senior leaders at Yext. The successful candidate will be someone who is excited to go beyond the traditional accounting responsibilities of close and work in a team to help grow and scale the company.
- Manage the day to day activities of the revenue accounting team focusing on automations, process improvement and analyzing the business results to support the company’s scale and growth
- Manage the month-end close process for revenue, accounts receivable, allowances and deferred revenue to ensure an accurate and timely revenue close and ensure compliance with the company's revenue recognition policies under ASC 606
- Work closely with Revenue Operations to engage in active deal negotiations and perform accounting assessment to ensure alignment on process, controls and proper revenue recognition
- Initiate reviews and analysis to provide business insights and respond to inquiries from senior management
- Manage external auditors for annual audit and quarterly review requirements for revenue, accounts receivable, allowances and deferred revenue
- Review financial statement footnotes and disclosures related to revenue, accounts receivable, deferred revenue and allowances
- Collaborate cross-functionally to support company-wide initiatives, such as new product launches to ensure compliance of revenue recognition policies
- Participate on strategic company projects/initiatives and apply critical thinking skills to provide solutions that drive company performance
- Coach, mentor and develop a high performing team to support their growth/professional development
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or related field or a similar college level education
- 7+ years of accounting experience (preferably with 3+ years of industry experience)
- Experience with revenue automation tools (RevPro, Rev Stream, Workday Revenue Management, or other Revenue automation system)
- Knowledge of Accounting Standard ASC 606
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of an organization and manage relationships with external parties
- Strong analytical skills with a high level of accuracy
- Ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines and strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with different business units, develop an understanding of business processes and understand/discuss implications on the financial statements
- Interest in building and refining processes and contributing to a scaling business operation
- Ability to recognize problems, gather data, draw valid conclusions and effectively present information to managers, peers and customers
- Detail and result-oriented with an ability to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced and constantly evolving environment
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize and be flexible as priorities shift
- High degree of dedication to continuous improvement and strong sense of ownership
- Experience with SEC registered companies with over $1 billion of revenue
- Experience with Netsuite, Zuora and Salesforce or equivalent systems
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours/paid time off, and excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext has been named a Best Place to Work by Fortune and Great Place to Work®, as well as a Best Workplace for Women. Yext is headquartered in New York City with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Geneva, London, Miami, Milan, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, Tokyo and the Washington, D.C. area.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.