Manager, SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting at Peloton
We are looking for a Manager, SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting to join our Accounting & Finance team at Peloton. This position will be part of the SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting team, which is responsible for our SEC Reporting process, including drafting required financial statements, footnotes and other disclosures under US GAAP as well as monitoring and managing all other external reporting requirements of the company. In addition, this team is the Company’s technical accounting function and resource, which includes drafting and updating accounting policies, accounting standard adoption, research and documentation of significant and non-routine transactions and partnering with all aspects of the business to ensure proper and timely technical accounting reviews of proposed transactions and draft contracts. This position will report to the Director, SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting at Pelotons HQ in New York. The Manager will work on multiple projects at once and be responsible for developing and maintaining effective communication with multiple business partners. The Manager may also be involved in other Accounting & Finance activities as needed.
- Prepare the consolidated financial statements and related footnotes for inclusion in quarterly and annual SEC filings, ensuring compliance with all reporting and disclosure requirements under US GAAP and the SEC, as applicable.
- Review and tie out all financial information prior to the release externally, including the quarterly Shareholders’ Letter, investor materials, debt covenant calculations, statutory financial statements, and any other financial inf the earnings release, documents to support the earnings call and additional needs of the Investor Relations team.
- Prepare subsidiary financial statements for various reporting obligations, ensuring compliance with all reporting and disclosure requirements under US GAAP or local GAAP, as required.
- Update and maintain internal control policies and procedures and provides supporting documentation to internal and external auditors regarding completion of control procedures.
- Prepares impairment tests quarterly, annually and as required of the Company’s consolidated tangible and intangible assets.
- Researches the accounting and disclosure requirements of proposed accounting standards and transactions with external parties, considering the relevant accounting literature and the effect of the transaction on the company’s financial statements.
- Obtain, review and document accounting and control considerations surrounding all significant and non-routine contracts and transactions, modifications to existing contracts/arrangements with customers and leases. Perform procedures ensuring the completeness of the population of these transactions captured for Technical Accounting review.
- Coordinates with external auditors to provide requested documentation regarding financial statements and accounting treatment for specific transactions.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or related field
- Active CPA license
- 5+ years of external audit, accounting, and/or financial reporting experience at a public company.
- Must be a highly organized, detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of an organization. Ability to effectively communicate clear and concise ideas both verbally and in writing; including communication of accounting policies and procedures to corporate and field based Team Members
- Superior problem-solving skills and ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines
- Attention to detail to prepare SEC filings and other financial statements
- Ability to take initiative to identify, prioritize and implement all elements required for the team to fulfill responsibilities in accordance with core strategic goals
- Strong problem solving skills, including the ability to effectively address any issue in collaboration with others as appropriate; ability to proactively identify and prevent potential problems
- Ability to work well under pressure and effectively handle multiple, concurrent demands and appropriately prioritize responsibilities
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite; Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to disaggregate, analyze and reconcile consolidated financial data in an accurate and timely manner
- Absolute discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information
- Proven strong technical writer.
- Strong understanding of internal control concepts, including documentation requirements.
- IFRS reporting experience is a plus
- Knowledge of ERP and Financial Reporting tools is a plus.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.