Manager/Sr. Manager, Client Tax Services at Justworks
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
You are strategic, visionary, creative, and thought process driven; a business manager obsessed with defining and refining your service’s value proposition and growing its market share. You are an entrepreneurial professional with a passion for exemplary client service. A dedicated problem-solver, you can leverage your tax expertise, customer knowledge and market insights to re-imagine the way customers benefit from tax related technology and solutions, creating experiences and processes that simplify and enhance access to our tax products and services.
- Leveraging your tax expertise, you will provide thought leadership and insights into general industry needs and business opportunities. You will draw on experience and knowledge to see the big picture and develop creative strategies to make the vision a reality.
- You will create executive reports communicating insights and present findings on market behavior and industry trends as well as business cases including competitive landscape and developments trends.
- You will contribute to the development of new services based on in-depth analysis and assessment of our customer’s needs. You will promote and explain the benefits of the new offerings to internal teams and customers, as well as execute on pricing and go-to-market strategies.
- Partner with product and engineering teams to drive the tax-focused capabilities of our platform by taking a deep dive into product roadmap, business strategy, priorities and growth plan.
- Establish services and support approaches that include program initiation, activities, resources required and organizational readiness.
- Develop, implement, and maintain strong standard operating procedures around our tax service offerings. You’ll also be a subject matter expert in the programs and become a valued resource for others in our customer service functional areas.
- Identify areas of risk, develop appropriate risk mitigation strategies, and escalate project issues and risks to management as needed
Skills and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in finance, accounting, or related field required.
- Advanced degree in Taxation and/or professional certification such as CPA strongly preferred
- 10+ years of experience providing tax consulting and advisory services preferably to a diverse set of small and medium businesses from multiple industries
- 5+ years' Big 4 experience in tax services and compliance, preferably enabled and scaled using technology
- Sound business acumen with experience in leading complex businesses with a passion for bringing people and technology together. You strive for balance across business value, customer need, end-user desire, market expectation, and customer experience
- The ownership. You are invested in what you are doing - and you work hard and in a collaborative manner across functions and teams to do it well
- Ability to work effectively in an environment of complexity, ambiguity, changing priorities and flex based on demand.
- Advanced communication skills, including experience communicating effectively with different stakeholders and levels of management.
Please Note: Justworks requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated within six weeks of their hire date as a condition of employment unless you qualify for a reasonable accommodation. For additional information on our policy, please click here.
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment