Market Operations Specialist
IEX is looking for a driven and capable candidate to join our Market Operations desk. You'll need to be up for a challenge, as you'll be required to quickly become proficient with the mechanics of electronic trading, U.S. equity market structure, regulatory compliance, and the support of multifaceted technology systems. You will demonstrate the composure and aptitude required to work effectively in a dynamic, high-pressure trading environment.
This position is best suited for a highly collaborative, team-oriented individual with strong communication skills and a meticulous attention to detail. You’ll work directly with IEX Member firms, clearing agents, regulators, and technology firms to expand access and understanding of the IEX market.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superlative attention to detail
- Open-minded and able to quickly acquire new concepts and ideas
- Availability and commitment to accommodate a flexible work schedule and an on-call environment
What you’ll do:
- Operation of the production trading systems and the support of its Member firms
- Collaborate with internal teams at IEX – including IT Operations, Program Management, Development, Quality Assurance, Sales, Compliance, and Regulation
- Execute and maintain daily operational procedures
- Develop expertise with IEX systems, market functionality, order types and external interfaces.
- Develop advanced knowledge of market rules and regulations
- Manage venue interaction with external market systems including SIPs, clearing firms, market centers, downstream vendors and regulators
- Review system activity reports for business and compliance functions
- Ongoing maintenance of IEX operational procedures
- Preliminary review and onboarding of prospective Members and Service Bureaus
- Configuration of new Members and Service Bureaus within the production system
- Enforcement of IEX’s Accommodation Policy and Clearly Erroneous Policy
- Management of clearance, settlement, OATS reporting, and SIP reporting
- Publication of alert notifications to industry participants
- Participation in general IEX product development and business development initiatives
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- FINRA Series 7, Series 57, and Series 63 certifications a plus (Continued employment will be contingent on passing these exams if licenses are not currently held and in good-standing).
Here at IEX, we are dedicated to an inclusive workplace and culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy not only complies with all applicable laws and protects workers' rights but is vital to IEX’s overall mission and values.