Market Risk Manager
Help us Build the Future of Money
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Department: Risk
Protection - for our clients and our company - forms the linchpin of our business at Gemini. Our Risk department plays a critical role in proactively identifying, mitigating, and managing the firm’s exposure, both internally and externally. Leveraging data, engineering, and intellectual horsepower, our Risk team is building a robust second line of defense in a first-of-its kind industry; our goal: safeguard Gemini so that we can continue to revolutionize the future of money.
The Role: Market Risk Manager
At Gemini, our most critical product offering is trust. Trust, and thus assessing any threats to it, is at the core of our Risk Team’s unique mission. We are looking for a skillful, personable, and creative Risk professional to help define Gemini as the best-in-class, regulated exchange. In this role, you will partner closely across multiple departments (Tech, Compliance, Product) to build automated, smart, and proactive risk strategies and models from scratch. You are an expert communicator who can bring teams together to ensure smooth collaboration and unite stakeholders around risk-based methodologies. By joining a team that is building lines of defense from the ground up, you’ll uphold our firm’s commitment to trust as we work to revolutionize finance.
- Coordinating with the Product and Technology teams to define market risk parameters for pre- and post-trade risk management
- Develop and monitor market risk appetites and limits in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Review and challenge of market risk reports provided to senior management
- Senior management reporting and escalation on adherence to market risk appetites and limits
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, mathematics, statistics, data analysis or commensurate work experience.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in market risk, quantitative analysis or related field.
- Understanding of capital markets and associated risks
- Knowledge of industry regulations and standard
- Experience in a swap execution facility or broker, CFTC regulated clearing facility, options exchange or related organization.
- Experience in portfolio risk measurement techniques, such as VaR and stress testing
- Flexibility to adapt and ability to manage multiple assignments while working independently
- Strong communication skills, self-motivated, and results-oriented
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.