Join the Ocrolus rocket ship!
Ocrolus is a fintech infrastructure company that transforms documents into actionable data with over 99% accuracy. Designed to streamline document-driven workflows and automate high-stakes financial decisions, Ocrolus is trusted by leading fintechs like SoFi, LendingClub, Cross River Bank, BlueVine, Enova, and Plaid, to name a few. Powered by Artificial Intelligence and a unique human-in-the-loop data validation process, Ocrolus plugs directly into customer workflows via API, eliminating the need for manual data work. Ocrolus has raised over $50 million in venture capital, backed by Oak HC/FT, FinTech Collective, Bullpen Capital, and QED Investors, among others.
We pride ourselves on being a dynamic, diverse team, unified by shared values of Ownership, Optimism, Objectivity, Humility, Urgency, and Appreciation. We love what we do and the people we do it with, which is why we invite our team to bring their full selves to work every day.
We are looking for an experienced mortgage underwriter to assist our product and analytics teams. Candidates must have proven experience in mortgage services and be able to demonstrate a loan underwriting skillset, specifically around income calculation for borrowers with both traditional and non-traditional income. The ideal candidate has a willingness to share industry best practices, is comfortable speaking in technical terms to the underwriting process, and possesses a track record of success. This role will assist the operations and technical teams at Ocrolus to build out new underwriting products. Specifically, this person will identify edge cases, exceptions, and quality assurance steps that will help ensure the accuracy and comprehensiveness of calculations. This candidate will advise the product team to ensure that loan processing automation meets industry standards.
- Ability to explain underwriting to GSE guidelines for Traditional and Self-Employed Borrowers
- Familiarity with secondary market guidelines, specific program guidelines, bank/credit union policies, and regulatory requirements
- Experience reviewing and evaluating loans to ensure data integrity of the loan files
- Work with outside vendors and service providers to facilitate the loan process.
- Experience with process improvements needed to automate and/or streamline operations and maintain adequate controls
- Relevant experience with industry developments including, but not limited to changes in regulations and technology
- 4+ years of experience working as a loan underwriter at a credit union, bank or other financial institution
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for improving financial technology and automation in the mortgage industry
- Detailed knowledge of secondary market guidelines. Some knowledge of regulatory guidelines and issues
- Experience with loan origination systems. Proficiency with cloud-based productivity software (e.g. Google docs/sheets)
Our employees are incredible individuals - that’s the only kind we hire - and we’re committed to their well-being and supporting their efforts to become the best they can be, both at work and in life. This includes offering flexible working hours, unlimited PTO, Summer Fridays, an inclusive work environment (D&I Council), and wellness reimbursement for physical and mental well-being.
We’re growing rapidly and were recently named #1 Fastest-Growing Fintech Company on the Inc. 5000, and #1 Fastest-Growing Software Company in NY in Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500. If you have ever wanted to jump on a rocket ship as it’s taking off, now is your chance!
Ocrolus is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.