Greater NYC Area
At Domio, we’re building a technology-powered residential and hospitality brand startup backed by top VCs. We have properties in many markets across the country and are growing fast. We’re now looking to add an Operational Accountant to our growing Finance team. This is the first operational accounting role for the company and will have opportunity to build and shape the financial processes for a scaling company.
An entrepreneurial spirit is critical for this role. The right candidate must be willing to get their hands dirty and be comfortable with changing priorities. You may not always know the answer immediately, but you know how to figure it out. There will be a large volume of transactions that this position will be responsible for on a day-to-day basis. Outside of those daily responsibilities, there will be plenty of opportunities to take initiative by solving problems and developing processes.
At Domio You Will:
- Review and process all invoices, route for approval, and ensure proper coding to the general ledger
- Process bi-weekly payroll for all full-time employees and contractors
- Manage Expensify expense reporting and reimbursements
- File and process sales and occupancy tax payments
- Help to enforce the company finance policies
- Assist in building out financial processes that scale for our growing business
- Flag any potential financial fraud
- Assist with the preparation for the Company’s first financial statement audit
- Support management with special projects and ad-hoc requests
Who You Are:
- 3+ years accounting / billing experience (accounts payable or payroll preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree (accounting, finance, business preferred)
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Highly organized, adaptive, comfortable in fast paced environment
- Comfortable working in and learning systems (currently using Expensify, bill.com, Sage Intacct, ADP, Trinet)
Domio is a technology platform focused on the travel sector, encompassing real estate, hospitality, and design with an emphasis on social connections. We are revolutionizing the travel experience by creating a curated, end-to-end consumer experience - delighting our customers is in our DNA. Our mission is to connect the world through travel.
We are looking for innovative, bright, and talented professionals to join us in changing the real estate, hospitality, and travel industries. We have a fast-paced, exciting culture and a growth mindset.
• Unlimited vacation and flexible work-from-home policy
• Travel credit per year to stay in Domio properties
• Learning and education budget, free books, and classes
• Fitness stipend
• Team events and offsites
• Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
• Competitive salary
• Catered lunches every Friday
• Dog friendly office
Read Full Job Description