Operational Tax Specialist at Clear Street
At Clear Street, we are disrupting the institutional brokerage and clearing market by modernizing archaic industry segments with brand new technology. We’re changing the way institutional investors interact with the markets; offering an alternative to working with big banks. Our cloud-based API technology will empower clients to clear, settle, and finance trading activity while accessing real-time risk and position information. Our platform is built on an incredibly modern tech-stack, by pragmatic engineers focused on building intuitive and frictionless user experiences. Our tech-infused suite of customer experience-oriented prime service offerings will increase our clients’ efficiency and provide real-time insights they’ve never previously experienced.
As our Operational Tax Specialist, you will play an integral role in the creation and integration of systems and processes that will allow us to accurately report client information. You will work with Clear Street engineers, subject matter experts, and third party vendors to enhance our tech infrastructure for efficient and scalable integrations. You will utilize your deep understanding of tax relief at source, ACATS, and CBRS to build proprietary client solutions that allow us to accurately manage current client accounts as well as expand into handling accounts with more complex domestic and international trading instruments.
Operational Tax Specialist Characteristics:
- You have 5+ years of experience working with complex tax relief at source, including international accounts trading domestic and international instruments.
- You possess expert level understanding of master feeder relationships, including W-8BEN and W-8IMY reporting.
- You have experience working with engineers and are able to communicate technical requirements with ease.
- You enjoy the challenge of staying up to date with new tax laws and regulations and strive to continuously modernize your approach to solving problems.
- You have experience working directly with institutional client accounts and understand the role of a broker dealer in processing client tax information.
- You are familiar with third party tax reporting vendors and understand how to efficiently integrate their services into a prime brokerage business; ideally you have worked with SciVantage or a similar system.
- You thrive in highly autonomous roles and feel comfortable navigating a fast-paced start up environment.
- You possess a strong foundational understanding of ACATS and cost basis reporting systems (CBRS).
- The opportunity to join a small and growing team of good people, where you can make a difference
- An environment that champions collaboration and prioritizes pragmatic solutions to complex problems
- Work that is fast paced, intellectually challenging, and most of all, profoundly rewarding
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and perks