The Payroll Accountant works closely with the accounting, human resources, stock administration, and Sales. The Payroll Accountant is responsible for GL processing of our domestic & international operations, assisting in month-end close activities, performing monthly analytics, calculating sales commissions and participating in SEC quarterly reviews and annual audits.
- Responsible for ADP upload of all payroll cycles
- Manage GL mapping within ADP and map new ADP codes as needed
- Prepare monthly payroll journal entries to the GL (including international and multi-currency) and reconcile back to ADP reports.
- Prepare monthly payroll accruals for salary, taxes, PTO, 401k Match, benefit allocations and other personnel related accounts.
- Verify new hires & inter-department movements are appropriately classified in the correct department and business unit.
- Work closely with Human Resources and serve as an intermediary between Human Resources and Finance team.
- Perform monthly reconciliations of payroll accounts in accordance with GAAP.
- Prepare monthly payroll/headcount analytics and work closely with FP&A to track against annual budget.
- Maintain and manage payroll binder of all reconciliations and monthly analytics for SOX compliance
- Participate in quarter-end close activities, including preparation of any auditor-required PBC items, schedules, and explanations
- Generate various payroll related reports, such as 401(k), vacation, FSA, and headcount reports; develop ad hoc reports as needed
- Prepare and manage calculation of sales commissions (monthly and quarterly for ~100-150 people).
- Work closely with Finance management to create and compile annual sales commission forecast.
- Participate as needed in new payroll-related reports, implementation projects and ad-hoc reports
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting or Finance, preferred
- 3-5 years payroll and accounting experience in an in-house processed payroll department with high volume and international operations
- Experience working in a publicly-traded company or equivalent experience with quarterly auditor reviews and SOX, preferred
- Experience in preparing payroll journal entries and reconciling corresponding accounts
- Intermediate working knowledge of ADP
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, preferred
- Experience with financial accounting software that is integrated with ADP; Great Plains experience a plus
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of GAAP and payroll accounting principles
- Extremely detail oriented, with high level of ethics and integrity
- Ability to thrive in a fast-growing environment where change is the norm; requires strong multi-tasking skills, and the flexibility to switch from one project to the next quickly
- Ability to excel with time constraints and rapid turnaround situations
- Ability to work well with others and communicate effectively
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 350,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 180 million images and more than 9 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; and Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
For more information, please visit www.shutterstock.com and follow Shutterstock on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V