Payroll Accountant at Fluent, Inc.
Fluent is a leading data-driven performance marketing company with an expertise in delivering measurable results. We interact with 1MM US consumers daily across our owned and operated websites. Our team uses the insights gathered from these interactions to drive growth for our partners. Through engaging digital experiences, Fluent creates meaningful and lasting connections between brands and consumers.
You should be able to work independently and take initiative to meet deadlines in a time-sensitive environment with great accuracy. As a public company, strong attention to detail and an understanding of the importance of documentation for controls is required. Prior end-to-end payroll processing experience in a MUST.
- Process of payroll, commissions and bonus payments
- Prepare of payroll-related general journal entries and related general ledger reconciliations
- Review the general ledger coding of all payroll, benefit and related invoices for accuracy
- Create monthly variance analysis of payroll and payroll-vendor related expenditures
- Provide ongoing internal and external audit requests
- Preparing variance analytics and support the forecasting of payroll and payroll-related costs
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of state withholding, applicable rates and unemployment tax registrations
- Research and resolve tax agency notices
- Align closely with Human Resources department to maintain accurate employee data
- Assist with the maintenance of the company’s share-based compensation plans, including delivery of shares to employees and relevant record-keeping
- Resolve employee-related payroll inquiries
- Assist with ad hoc projects, as directed
- Undergraduate degree
- At least two years of relevant work experience with end-to-end payroll processing in a multi-state company environment
- Ability to safeguard and maintain confidential information
- Aptitude for improving operations
- Proficient with technology and software, including ADP, NetSuite, Outlook and Excel
- You’re comfortable acknowledging what you don’t know, give others the benefit of the doubt, and excited about leveraging your natural strengths
- You’re excited about being a part of Fluent, eager to contribute and learn, ask a lot of questions and proactively look for improvements
- You don’t consider the work complete until you have all the information needed
- You’re able to manage multiple priorities and work with a high sense of urgency
- You don’t stop when you hit a speed bump and enjoy figuring out the best path forward and reach your destination
- You are a curious and constant learner, where every day and every task is an opportunity to learn
At Fluent, we like what we do and we like who we do it with. Our team is a tight-knit crew of go-getters; we love to celebrate our successes! In addition we offer a fully stocked kitchen, catered breakfast and lunch, and our office manager keeps the calendar stocked with activity-filled events. When we’re not eating, working out, or planning parties, Fluent folks can be found participating in recreational sports leagues, networking with She Runs It, and bonding with across teams during quarterly outings to baseball games, fancy dinners, and pizza-making classes. And we have all the practical benefits, too…
- Competitive compensation
- Ample career and professional growth opportunities
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Pre-tax savings plans and transit/parking programs
- 401K with competitive employer match
- Volunteer and philanthropic activities throughout the year
- Educational and social events
- The amazing opportunity to work for a high-flying performance marketing company!
Fluent participates in the E-Verify Program. As a participating employer, Fluent, LLC will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Fluent, LLC follows all federal regulations including those set forth by The Office of Special Counsel for Immigration-Related Unfair Employment Practices (OSC). The OSC enforces the anti-discrimination provision (§ 274B) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), 8 U.S.C. § 1324b.