Payroll and Commissions Analyst
Yext is the leading Digital Knowledge Management (DKM) platform. Yext's mission is to give companies control over their brand experiences across the digital universe of maps, apps, search engines, voice assistants, and other intelligent services that drive consumer discovery, decision, and action. Today, thousands of businesses including brands like Taco Bell, Rite Aid, and Steward Health use the Yext Knowledge Engine™ to manage their digital knowledge in order to boost brand engagement, drive foot traffic, and increase sales.
Yext is seeking an experienced payroll and commissions professional to join our growing team. The Commissions and Payroll Analyst will be responsible for maintaining and operating the Company's payroll/sales incentive function, processes and systems, including global payroll, commissions plans, commission calculations, bonuses, payroll related taxes and certain business operations. The Senior Compensation Analyst will partner and work closely with HR, Equity, and Finance teams. Reporting to the Senior Director of Global Payroll and Commissions, this leader will be a true partner to the organization always approaching work with a lens of adding value to the company.
- Maintain, operate and update commissions and payroll systems/processes on a daily basis
- Calculate, process and support commissions and payroll transactions
- Assist in preparing calculations for commissions/validate pay earnings
- Ensure commissions calculations are prepared accurately and on-time for the sales teams in line with current compensation plans
- Ensure the commissions cycle transactions are processed accurately and timely.
- Work with HR and Senior Director to develop processes for the timely reporting, recording and review of bonuses, new hires, promotions and other compensation/commission plan related changes.
- Ensure compliance with internal policies and controls, SOX as well as compliance with external laws and regulatory guidance.
- Be responsible for properly coding commissions, payroll, taxes and equity to ensure expenses, cash, tax payments, equity reports, etc. are reconciled to payroll subledger/system and the accounting system.
- Assist in the implementation of the Yext Compensation Policies and Plans
- Assist with the rollout, implementation and management of the commission system
- Provide monthly commissions analysis and report on payroll/commission metrics (e.g. earning group details), including commissions expense forecasting
- Work closely with management and sales reps teams to understand and resolve commissions issues
- BA/BS degree
- 3+ years of Payroll/Commissions experience
- Experience with major Payroll and ERP system (ADP, Workday, Netsuite)
- Experience with major Incentive Compensation Management systems (Xactly, Obero)
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on capacity
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, flexible hours/paid time off, and excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext has been named a Best Place to Work by Fortune and Great Place to Work® as well as a Best Workplace for Women. Yext is headquartered in New York City with offices in Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Geneva, London, Paris, Tyson's Corner, San Francisco, Shanghai, and Tokyo. Learn more about the Yext team and culture on the muse, our website, and our blog.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.