We are looking for a Payroll Coordinator to work in the Accounting Department of a growing company in the tech startup industry.
A Payroll Coordinator at Stack Overflow is responsible for processing and reconciling semi-monthly payroll cycle, processing of payroll tax payments and similar payroll-oriented tasks.
In this position you’ll be the primary point person for all payroll-related issues and questions from providing salary reports to the People Team to answering employee questions about their pay statements.
What you’ll do:
- Processes semi-monthly payroll batches for approximately 200 US employees
- Maintains payroll operations by following policies and procedures
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential
- Enter new hires and review paperwork (electronically)
- Enter terminations and prepare on-demand/manual checks
- Updates payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job title and department/division transfers.
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages
- Determines payroll liabilities by calculating employee garnishments, loans, child support, pretax benefits, and pension
- Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests from employees
- Prepare monthly journal entries and assist in with year-end audits on an as-needed basis
- Reconcile the New York Department of Labor Statistical report
- Setup new jurisdictions for new hires and maintain schedule of active jurisdictions
- Audit various HR connections to the payroll system for accuracy
- Performs the processing of payments for all A/P services invoices and contractors
- 401k plan coordinator
- Process employee expense reports reimbursements
- Perform other accounting/finance duties as assigned
What you’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- ADP WorkForce Now experience
- At least two years payroll related experience
- Multi-jurisdictional experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Smart, gets things done
It'd be nice if you have:
- Experience implementing ADP WorkForce Now
- Knowledge of Federal, State, & Local payroll tax laws
- Experience with commissions calculations and/or reviewing for accuracy
- Knowledge of ACA setup and year-end reporting/filing requirements
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word helpful
- Experience with Sage Intacct accounting software
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive base salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Great office w/ espresso bar, games, and free daily lunches
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Transportation reimbursement
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.