The Payroll Team is responsible for remitting and recording our semimonthly payroll in compliance with IRS, DOL, federal, state, and local regulations with a focus on clarity and accuracy. We support an increasingly diverse and rapidly growing company requiring us to build new processes and improve upon existing ones in order to scale while maintaining controls and multi-jurisdictional compliance.
We are seeking a detail-oriented Payroll Coordinator. The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day administration of timesheets for our hourly population, entering employee changes into our HR systems, as well as answering employee questions regarding payroll practices and policies. This individual will also have the opportunity to partner with the larger Payroll and People Ops teams on a variety of employee focused projects in our constantly evolving environment.
The Payroll Coordinator will be a key individual contributor and have the opportunity to learn from the rest of the Payroll Team with potential to take on additional responsibilities long term.
- Assist the Payroll Associate with the preparation of semi-monthly, multi-state payroll for 500+ employees.
- Administer employee records in UltiPro, WageWorks and Fidelity.
- Act as the first point of contact for payroll questions or requests from employees by managing the payroll inbox.
- Oversee time management for hourly/non-exempt teams by tracking approvals and creating tools and resources to help employees and managers become more self-sufficient.
- Administer and maintain state and local tax accounts, notices, and applications.
- Assist with ad hoc payroll-related People Ops projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years of payroll experience.
- Microsoft Excel skills (i.e. vlookup, pivot tables, etc) and ability to efficiently learn new systems.
- Ability to process a high volume of transactions accurately and efficiently.
- Organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a diverse employee base.
- Desire to learn, develop existing skill set, and take on more responsibility.
- Familiarity with Google Docs and Sheets, Gmail, Google Calendar.
- High-growth tech company experience.
- Working knowledge of employee benefits and 401(k).
- Passionate about healthcare and the fight against cancer.