Payroll & Equity Manager at Rhino
Please note: All roles at Rhino are remote, and there will be no future in-office mandate.
Our mission is to give renters everywhere greater financial freedom to plan and enjoy their lives.
Our first product eliminates cash security deposits and puts more money back in renters’ pockets. With over $45 billion tied up in security deposits for 110 million renters in the United States alone, it’s time for security deposits to officially become a thing of the past. Tying up money at one of life’s biggest and most expensive moments just isn’t fair.
So we threw out the antiquated “way of doing things” and built a technology-driven insurance product to help bring renting into the 21st century. With Rhino, millions of renters across the country now have the opportunity to save with our award-winning deposit insurance. We’ve already saved hundreds of millions of dollars for renters and are trusted in over 1 million homes nationwide, and most importantly, we’re just getting started...
As a Payroll & Equity Manager at Rhino, you’ll play a unique role in supporting the People Operations and Finance team, helping us build the foundation of a company that is positioned to revolutionize the renting process. In this newly created role, you will report directly to our Controller and have immediate impact across multiple teams.
In this role you will:
- Plan, coordinate and manage the functions of payroll.
- Administer equity plans, partner with People Ops, Legal and Finance on the structure of equity programs and coordinate on all aspects of administration.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal wage and hour laws.
- Be responsible for state unemployment accounts and all other applicable tax requirements.
- Identify and recommend updates to payroll processing software, systems, and procedures.
- Maintain employee confidence and protect payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Implement, maintain, and review payroll processing systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, taxes and other deductions.
- Assist with the development of internal controls and the automation of equity processes
- Collaborate with the Finance teams on General Ledger posting, payroll budgeting inquiries, to ensure accurate reporting, and ad-hoc tasks.
- Work closely with our People Operations team during Onboarding, Offboarding, Reimbursements and manage reporting of our perks platform Twic.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Human Resources, or related field.
- 5+ years of related experience required.
- Extensive knowledge of the payroll function and equity administration.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Sequoia One PEO and Carta plus.
- Exposure to compensation benchmarking a plus, but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and cross-functionally across a wide range of levels and departments.
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Unlimited PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in Rhino’s success
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Remote Work Program to allow for flexibility between home and the office
- Generous Parental Leave to create a family-friendly culture
- Wellness Perks (Gym, Classpass, & Citibike Memberships)
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- Fintech Equality Coalition Founding member
Rhino is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rhino are without regard to race, color, age, religion or belief, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rhino has a zero-tolerance policy against discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.