Unqork is the no-code platform that's pioneering a new way for companies to build, deploy, and manage complex, enterprise-grade applications. At this moment, Fortune 100 companies are using Unqork to create and deliver software without writing a single line of code.
Gary Hoberman, former CIO of Metlife, founded Unqork in 2017 with a team of hand-picked industry professionals, and together we're creating a massive paradigm shift in the way software is built. If you want to have a hand in defining the future of application development, we want to hear from you.
We are in the process of moving from a PEO to in house payroll and as the Payroll Manager, you will have the unique opportunity to design and create the Payroll function at Unqork. In this role, you will need to design, implement and operationalize a new payroll platform as well provide a clear strategy to drive the implementation forward. In addition, you will be a key member in helping select the platform and will be responsible for the transition from the PEO to our new payroll provider. The role will also include advice on complex tax issues related to stock compensation, bonus payouts and this team will be responsible for processing T&E reimbursements. Although the role reports into the finance organization this person is expected to work closely with employees and the HR team in order to be successful.
Who you are:
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Self-driven and motivated to drive process improvement and standardization
- Superior problem-solving skills and ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, self-starter, deadline and result driven
- Responsible for all payroll related functions; manage consolidation, data input, time and labor processing, compliance, reporting, administration, system linkage and vendor management
- Work with employees and payroll vendor to resolve issues and discrepancies
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of all staff payrolls in accordance with labor regulations and standard accounting principles
- Coordinate all compliance activities including payroll audits, 401(k) audits, and information security audits
- Produce required year-end reports for W-2, ACA and other year-end reporting
- Implement self-services, including strategy, design, implementation, documentation and employee communication
- Act as the subject matter expert for payroll tax requirements and relevant payroll-related laws such as FLSA, federal and state payroll taxes, IRS-related requirements for pre- and post-tax earnings and deductions, and other mandatory compliance and reporting requirements
- Manage outsourced international payroll provider
- Responsible for booking all journal entries from the payroll system to the G/L and responsible for payroll reconciliations, analysis and metric reporting
- Comfortable working with employees and answering questions related to payroll and payroll processing
- Ability to work in a fast paced growth environment
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Statistics
- Minimum of 5-7 years of payroll experience, including leading the buildout of a new payroll function
- Demonstrated knowledge of payroll related laws such as Wage & Hour and FLSA compliance
- FCP and/or CPP certifications or other payroll certifications necessary
- Demonstrated written communication experience related to creating documentation
- Experience with 401k plans, audits and reconciliations a plus
- International payroll experience a plus
- Prior experience with ADP payroll
Unqork is an equal opportunity employer, and proud to be committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.