Payroll Tax Coordinator, Payments and Tax Unit at Justworks
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
As a Payroll Tax Coordinator, you will be instrumental in helping the Payroll Tax team be productive, effective and organized. Your day will revolve around ensuring Justworks has the right information to file for our customers’ payroll taxes.What You’ll Do
- Daily upkeep of payroll tax reporting and filing software by inputting newly reported customer data, relevant or new tax data, confirming accuracy, and surfacing any issues to senior team members
- Resolve inquiries generated by Justworks’ Customer Success team by reaching out to appropriate state agencies, amending filings, and providing thorough and accurate information
- Assist with monthly, quarterly and annual federal, state, and local payroll tax filings
- Schedule and remit accurate payroll tax payments for amounts due
- Sort and resolve payroll tax related mail by working with relevant agencies to identify discrepancies and prevent delinquencies
- Interact with government agencies to represent Justworks, advocate for our customers, and resolve payroll tax issues
- Assist senior team members in building out internal resources (help articles, training decks)
- 0-2 years of work experience preferably in payroll tax
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting or similar field
- Highly detail-oriented
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Process-driven while able to be resourceful and adaptable; you know how to organize and prioritize your workload
- Technologically savvy; you can pick up new systems and tools quickly
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment