At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
You’re the go-to person for keeping things in shape. You don’t let any details slip past you, and are confident in your ability to find the answers needed to complete the puzzle. You have a firm grasp on organizing and prioritizing and are ready to contribute your skills to a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
As a Payroll Tax Coordinator, you will be instrumental in helping the Payroll Tax team be productive, effective and organized. Your day will revolve around ensuring Justworks has the right information to file for our customers’ payroll taxes. You will handle the daily upkeep of payroll tax reporting and filing software by inputting newly reported customer data, confirming accuracy, and surfacing any issues to senior team members.Your Success ProfileWhat You Will Work On
- Assist with monthly, quarterly and annual federal, state, and local payroll tax filings
- Resolve inquiries generated by Justworks’ Customer Success team by reaching out to appropriate state agencies, amending filings, and providing thorough and accurate information
- Schedule and remit accurate payroll tax payments for amounts due
- Sort and resolve payroll tax related mail by working with relevant agencies to identify discrepancies and prevent delinquencies
- Interact with government agencies to represent Justworks, advocate for our customers, and resolve payroll tax issues
- Assist senior team members in building out internal resources (help articles, training decks)
- Perform other related duties as assigned
As a Payroll Tax Coordinator, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Detail-oriented - exercises extreme attention to detail; is thorough, accurate, organized, and productive and seeks to understand both the cause and effect of a situation.
- Adaptability - the ability to adjust your approach or actions in response to changes in your external environment.
- Good judgement - the exercise of critical thinking, analyzing and assessing problems and implications, identifying patterns, making connections of underlying issues, understanding risks and developing mitigation strategies, and taking ownership of the outcome.
- Clear communication - the ability to articulate thoughts and express ideas effectively using oral, written, visual and non-verbal communication skills, as well as listening skills to gain understanding.
- Systems thinking - the ability to look at overall systems holistically and understand how things work within the system through the exploration of inter-dependencies and inter-relationships (context and connections).
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Highly detail-oriented
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Process-driven while able to be resourceful and adaptable; you know how to organize and prioritize your workload
- Technologically savvy; you can pick up new systems and tools quickly
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment