Payroll Tax Specialist at Namely
This role is open to remote candidates residing in the U.S. except within the state of Colorado.
- Prepare and audit quarterly and annual federal and state payroll tax filings on behalf of Namely clients
- Ensure accurate and timely filings and deposits
- Review MasterTax data on a daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis, performing reconciliations of client data and coordinating resolutions for any discrepancies
- Perform federal and state payroll tax research on behalf of Namely clients
- Coordinate responses and resolution of federal and/or state payroll notices received by clients
- Serve as an expert in MasterTax software, setting up client tax accounts, and ensuring completeness of data
- Identify and drive best practices for tax administrations
- Ensure adherence to tax reconciliation and deposit controls
- Perform research and make recommendations for new processes needed for Namely's clients to be in compliance with changing federal and state tax rules
- Client-facing role requiring frequent communication with customers regarding tax setups, TPA assignments, POAs, etc through the life of the client with Namely, Inc.
- Expertise in electronic filing of state and locality payroll tax returns
- Experience working with MasterTax
- 4+ years of experience in payroll tax
- Awareness of Act 32 PA Local taxation
- Proficiency with Excel and other Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to quickly learn new technology systems and use them to increase departmental efficiency
- Ability to communicate effectively and pleasantly with clients and account managers to assist with resolutions of tax issues
- Ability to perform payroll tax research without the manager's ongoing aid
- Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment
Nice to Haves
- Service Bureau experience
- FPC or CPP Certifications
Namely Company Culture Highlights
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best CEO 2020
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company Culture 2020
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Places to Work in New York 2021
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Places to Work in Atlanta 2021
Check us out on Comparably: https://www.comparably.com/companies/namelyAbout Namely
Namely is the first HR, payroll, and benefits platform employees actually love to use. People are at the center of everything we do—from our platform to our staff. Why join us? We believe every company and every employee deserves a great workplace, supported by HR technology they use and love. Most importantly, we believe in giving you the tools you need to do the best work of your career.
We invite you to fill out the EEO survey below as part of our ongoing diversity initiatives at Namely. Your participation in the survey is completely optional and voluntary, and none of the information you provide will be considered in the hiring process or with respect to any employment decision made by Namely. Namely will have access only to anonymized data submitted through these surveys.