Pricing Analyst, Principal at Merrill Corporation
Merrill Corporation is the industry leader in technology solutions that enable mergers, acquisitions, initial public offerings, restructuring and other critical capital transactions in more than 170 countries. We provide the world’s leading investment banks, private equity firms, law firms and corporations with tools to simplify, streamline and accelerate the due diligence process, helping them close more deals, faster. We are a global team of high-energy, passionate people. We have strong individual voices but we work as a team, bringing out the best in each other. We thrive under pressure and always keep the customer at the heart of everything we do.
The Principal Pricing Analyst will conduct analysis and research in the support of growth-based pricing and packaging strategies for Merrill Corporation. Critical analysis required includes product and service usage, competitors, customer needs and value, pricing performance vs. expectation. The Principal Pricing Analyst will be responsible for further developing Merrill’s analytical capabilities, data management and pricing performance tracking in support pricing of decisions. The preferred candidate will contribute to cross-functional communication of analytics findings, pricing direction, and supporting business goals.
The Principal Pricing Analyst will report to the Director of Pricing and partner with Business Operations, Product, Service, and Product Marketing to ensure robust analysis and practical recommendations are developed.
This position is in Minneapolis, MN or New York, NY
Role and Responsibilities
- Contribute to customer research, analysis, and modeling of pricing and packaging for existing/new products and services across domestic and international markets
- Independently prepare, manipulate and extract data and information from multiple internal and external sources in support of pricing and packaging approaches
- Document findings and prepare presentations to explain results and make recommendations
- Collaborate with Product and Product Marketing leads to ensure alignment of pricing & product outcomes vs. expectations in relation to package pricing
- Generate key pricing reports to share with cross functional teams
- Work cross-functionally with Sales, Finance, Product and Sales Operations to support business needs
- Poll, survey and interview market participants and customers on their willingness to pay and relative preferences for our products and services
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Marketing or related field required
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a pricing analysis and strategy role. B2B SaaS experience, preferred
- Ability to apply critical thinking and pricing analytic skills to research and interpret complex data, formulate recommendations, and communicate findings to a wide audience in a clear and concise manner
- Strong understanding of financial modeling techniques and related pricing strategies
- Understanding of hypothesis-driven market research. Pricing research knowledge required.
- Ability to organize and prioritize projects using strong time management skills to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaborate and cooperate within a team
- Confident and persuasive verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to identify opportunities propose actions and articulate financial impact
- Experience with Excel required, SFDC, Looker, Tableau skills preferred