Transfix, named to Forbes’ “Next Billion-Dollar Startups” list, is the leading transportation solutions provider whose digital brokerage marketplace and logistics software offerings are helping transform the $800 billion trucking industry. Since its founding in 2013, Transfix has been driven by a mission to deliver simple, smart, and sustainable solutions for shippers and carriers, powered by people and technology.
By combining deep industry expertise and a best in class carrier network with cutting-edge technology, Transfix is reimagining the world of transportation. Fortune 500 companies such as Staples, Unilever, Target and Wayfair rely on Transfix to handle their most important FTL freight needs. With instant pricing, algorithmic matching, superior service, and unmatched intelligence, Transfix is optimizing the supply chain from start to finish. Come leave a positive impact on the environment as we help reduce the carbon footprint caused by the 65 billion wasted miles on the road.
The problems we solve everyday are real and require creativity, grit, and determination. Recognized as one of Built In’s Best Places to Work 2021, Transfix is building a culture that challenges norms while fostering experimentation and personal growth. We’re hiring team members who are passionate and are energized by the vision to simplify and transform one of the largest and most complex industries through technology, data and a strong commitment to customers.
If you’re excited about transforming an industry, being part of an innovative culture, and making a positive impact on the environment, send us your resume.
About the role:
As a Business Manager, you will have the opportunity to create and execute growth strategies for many of the largest truckload shippers in the country. You will work cross functionally throughout the entire organization, collaborating with sales, account management, carrier management, data science, product, engineering, and senior leaders from our executive team. You will play a vital role in a thriving organization that is disrupting the antiquated $800B transportation industry. The role will give you exposure to new and exciting problems, input into innovative tools and processes, and allow you to learn and grow on a daily basis.
What you'll do:
- Partner with the demand team (sales and account management) to create and execute growth strategies for our largest enterprise accounts, including supply chain network analysis, pricing proposals, QBRs, customer engagement, and margin optimization
- Work alongside the supply team (carrier management and development) to strategically grow and align our available carrier capacity to opportunities within our customers’ freight networks
- Collaborate with the data science and engineering teams to analyze key customer and industry data that will be used to better understand growth opportunities, ensure competitiveness in the market, and forecast market trends
- Present proposals and drive both internal and external alignment from key stakeholders
Qualifications and Skills:
- 2-4 years as an analyst, associate, consultant, or similar role
- Bachelor's degree in STEM major
- Experience creating customer acquisition and/or growth strategies, and collaborating with multiple teams to execute said strategies
- Ability to break down highly complex business problems into concrete analysis, then draw vital insights from your analysis
- Should be very comfortable with spreadsheets (Excel / Google sheets), including pivot tables and advanced formulas
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to communicate complex concepts to key stakeholders
To all recruitment agencies: Transfix does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be held responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.