Transfix, named one of Forbes' "Next Billion-Dollar Startups" in 2018, is the leading freight marketplace that's transforming the $700 billion trucking industry, connecting shippers to a national network of reliable carriers. Fortune 500 companies such as Anheuser-Busch, Unilever, and Target rely on Transfix to handle their most important FTL freight needs. With instant pricing tools, guaranteed capacity, data-driven insights, and reliable service, Transfix is changing the world of transportation one load at a time. Join us, and leave a positive impact on the environment as we help reduce the carbon footprint caused by the 65 billion wasted miles on the road.
Based in New York City, Transfix is backed by top VC firms including New Enterprise Associates (NEA), Canvas Ventures, and Lerer Hippeau. The company has raised more than $78.5 million in funding.
As our Pricing & Growth Strategy Analyst, you will work on a team that is instrumental in growing revenue for the organization. A significant element to this role will be identifying growth opportunities and developing pricing strategies for some of the largest truckload shippers in the country. You will have the opportunity to work cross functionally throughout the organization, collaborating with senior leaders from data science, product, supply, sales, and finance. This is an emerging team within the organization which will give you the opportunity to build out new processes and develop creative solutions to problems.
The problems we solve everyday are real and require creativity, grit, and determination. We are building a culture that challenges norms while fostering experimentation and personal growth. We're hiring team members who are passionate and are energized by the vision to simplify and transform one of the largest and most complex industries through technology, data and a strong commitment to customers.
If you’re excited about transforming an industry, being part of an innovative culture, and making a positive impact on the environment, send us your resume.
What you'll do:
- This role will allow you to work alongside sales and business development to work with some of the biggest shippers in the country, helping craft multi-million dollar proposals
- Transfix sits at the intersection of carriers and those who need freight moved. You’ll be pivotal in aligning our carrier growth efforts with opportunities within the market
- Work closely with the data science team to capture and analyze key pricing data that will be used to drive our future growth strategy.
- Create and iteratively improve processes that improve the way in which we provide pricing to our customers
- You will be asked to lead key strategic discussions with the executive team and provide recommendations on pricing strategy
- 1-2 years experience in an analyst or similar data-centric role. Recent grads are welcome to apply, ideally with a degree focused in math or sciences and relevant internship experience.
- Strong communication & presentation skills
- Fluent in Excel / Google sheets, with a strong understanding of pivot tables, vlookups, advanced formulas, etc. VBA is a plus
- Complex project management work that has required you to work cross-functionally
- Disciplined attention to detail
- Comfortable with supply & demand economics
To all recruitment agencies: Transfix does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be held responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description