Pricing Strategy Analyst at Better.com
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $2 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
Better.com is growing and we’re looking for a Pricing Strategy Analyst to join our Capital Markets team. If you’re looking to make an impact alongside a collaborative team that’s transforming the homeownership industry, check us out.
This hire will partner with Capital Markets teammates, and work cross functionally with many teams including Partnerships, Finance, Product, Engineering, and Sales and Operations, to conduct analysis, build systems, and execute plans to ensure our pricing strategy leads the organization to exceed our goals for growth and economic health. Our business is continuing to scale rapidly, so this is an opportunity to help Better navigate a critical phase of our growth.
What you’ll do as a Pricing Strategy Analyst:
- Contribute to the daily management and execution of our Direct To Consumer (D2C) and partnership pricing strategy
- Run experiments to understand the price elasticity of our market and the first/second/third order impacts of our decisions
- Work closely with our partnerships team to model deals with potential partners and manage the pricing strategy of live partnerships
- Build a model for market segmentation to develop an understanding of our best and worst performing areas and optimize pricing strategy based on the findings
- Partner with Better’s Product, Engineering, and Data Science teams to scope out and implement near and long-term opportunities for further automation
What the ideal candidate looks like:
The ideal candidate has a proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment where business needs are ever changing and is energized by the opportunity to juggle multiple projects simultaneously. This person has strong intellectual curiosity and is able to contribute fresh, creative ideas to even the most challenging problems. This hire will bring a lot to the table, including attention to detail, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and a strong sense of teamwork. In addition to that, we are looking for
- 1+ years of prior experience in finance or heavily quantitative roles
- Experience with building models and evaluating opportunities through an economic lens
- Solid analytical foundation, able to use data to drive decision making
- Coding skills (Python and SQL) are a must-have
These help, but aren’t dealbreakers:
- Experience in fixed income and/or mortgage markets
- Experience at a rapidly growing start-up
The Capital Markets team embraces strong capital markets and tech advantages to serve as Better’s primary revenue generator, with responsibility for the overall profitability of our operations. The team maintains oversight of pricing, trading, hedging, financing, servicing, and securitization and has perspective across all company functions. Capital Markets is deeply involved in strategic decision making and creating the most comprehensive financial marketplace for borrowers and financial institutions alike.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.