Principal, Financial Planning & Analysis at Gemini
Help Us Build the Future of Money
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Department: Financial Operations
The Financial Operations and Accounting Teams at Gemini are thought leaders in the digital asset accounting and finance space. Our mandate is to bridge the traditional world of finance with the innovation of cryptocurrency products, providing our clients with a best-in-class financial institution experience.
The Role: Principal, FP&A
Gemini is seeking a motivated leader with a drive to operate in a high-growth environment and strong experience in financial planning and forecasting. The position will be an entrusted cross-functional business partner with Product, Operations, and Technology teams. The ideal candidate has excellent attention to detail, sophisticated experience turning data into business insights, and an ability to communicate ideas to a wide range of stakeholders. This position reports directly to the Head of Finance.
- Manage the consolidated financial planning processes, the annual operating plan, rolling financial forecasts, and the underlying financial planning models, systems, and tools.
- Be a trusted advisor to proactively collaborate, influence, and align the financial planning processes to the overall strategic objectives of the company.
- Develop an integrated budgeting and forecasting framework with a focus on timely, forward-looking insights.
- Build an understanding of each function and work closely with business heads to develop a sustainable budgeting process. Lead periodic meetings with business heads to review spend and propose updates to budgets where necessary.
- Implement financial models and collaborate with other Finance functions to drive ongoing enhancements in revenue, expense, and cash flow forecasting.
- Continually refine forecasting for all current and potential growth channels, incorporating business insights to identify sustainable revenue drivers.
- Perform scenario and sensitivity analysis for multiple ranges of key metrics and financial data points.
- Understand current and historic performance of key metrics to create a monthly KPI presentation. Translate financial analysis into actionable insights for strategic planning, cash flow management, financing, and Board meetings.
- Partner with accounting, analytics, and operations to ensure your collective work is creating transformative business intelligence and measurable future business outcomes.
- Analyze markets to identify business opportunities. Actively participate and support ROI analysis and pricing discussions for new and existing services.
- Support investor relations, including crafting Board communications, fundraising materials, and investor updates.
- Assist business and product leads in ad-hoc projects, providing strong analysis and decision support on strategic initiatives.
- An undergraduate degree in accounting, economics, finance or related field. An advanced graduate degree is a plus
- 7-10+ years work experience in FP&A or financial analysis roles. Big 4 accounting firm experience is a plus
- Ability to work well independently and as a team member in a time sensitive environment
- Unquestionable ethics and discretion when dealing with confidential and sensitive data
- Advanced Excel skills and financial modeling required (critical to success in the position)
- Data analytics skills preferred. Strong knowledge of analytics software such as Looker or Tableau
- Ability to communicate complex information in concise, simple language across a wide array of cross-functional stakeholders