Procurement and Accounts Payable Manager at Squarespace
Squarespace is looking for a Procurement and Accounts Payable Manager to join our growing Finance and Accounting team. We are seeking individuals who can help build the sourcing and procurement function and manage all activities related to Accounts Payable, thus overseeing the entire procure-2-pay process. Reporting to the Head of Treasury and Procurement, you will contribute to all aspects of procurement, including establishing new procurement policies and processes, support the business with all procurement related steps and partner with all relevant stakeholders to identify sourcing opportunities, engage vendors in pricing and contract negotiations and drive value. As the leader of Accounts Payable, you will focus on managing all accounts payable responsibilities and related procedures to guarantee an efficient business operation. As a member of our finance team, you will be a necessary asset to a growing international finance operation whose footprint touches all aspects of the company, including marketing, creative, engineering and business operations.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
- Develop procurement policies and procedures with the Legal team and influence adoption and adherence to policies
- Support and guide business leads through the 7 step procurement process for large purchase orders/requisitions
- Partner with Finance/Accounting/Legal/Business units to identify and execute strategies to improve value and create efficiencies across the procurement function
- Establish KPI metrics to include cost savings and avoidance, policy compliance, purchase order cycle time, and supplier compliance.
- Negotiate competitive pricing and volume discounts for long-term contracts and service-level agreements
- Manage and monitor internal controls over vendor compliance, purchase order/requisitions and disbursements, including compliance with SOX.
Accounts Payable Responsibilities:
- Oversee all activities within the Accounts Payable function
- Develop, implement, improve and enforce policies and department controls to increase accuracy and efficiency across payment processes
- Oversee all routine department activities, such as payment cycles and monthly close, to ensure that they are completed accurately and on time
- Help with internal and external reporting requirements
- Build and maintain relationships with employees, clients, vendors, and lenders.
- Ensure accounting treatment is in accordance with U.S. GAAP
- Additional support to the Finance team
- Manage Accounts Payable Lead and 2 other indirect reports
- 7+ years of combined procurement, accounting or accounts payable experience coupled with experience managing direct reports
- Ideally, minimum 5+ years of direct procurement experience, combined with 2+ years of accounting or accounts payable experience and managing direct reports
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or similar
- People management experience
- Experience with Netsuite, Kyriba and Coupa PO system a huge plus
- Understanding of basic accounting concepts and US GAAP
- Self-starter with strong work ethic who can work independently as well as within a team
- Ability to communicate effectively and develop relationships across the organization
- Strong problem solving, analytical and multitasking capabilities
- Commitment to accuracy, integrity and attention to detail
- Independent thinker who can make decisions and solve ambiguous problems
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Los Angeles and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.