Real Estate Associate
Common’s hands-on, end-to-end property management and technology offering allows us to deliver unparalleled services that address the actual needs of today’s renter while providing significantly above-market returns for our real estate partners. This makes us the preferred choice for city-dwelling adults looking for a stress-free and all-inclusive living environment.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate on those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, client service representatives, and so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, and embrace a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure our work is done and done well.
Common was founded by General Assembly co-founder Brad Hargreaves and has raised over $65MM in venture funding.
- Interfacing with potential RE investors, lenders and other strategic partners who seek to establish programmatic relationships with Common
- Supervising the rollout of new products and processes across the team
- Regularly soliciting and incorporating feedback from RE team to adjust existing product definitions or create brand new products to fit new customer segments
- Consistently tracking and analyzing metrics from Salesforce to better focus the RE team’s business development efforts
- Creating, maintaining, and refining pitch decks and other collateral used to win RE business for Common
- Undertaking other strategic initiatives that advance the RE team towards its goals
This role could transition into a Director-level Real Estate business development facing role over time.
- 3-5 years of experience in commercial real estate, or banking, consulting, or investor relations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills
- Strong analytical mindset with an ability to quickly understand and breakdown complex ideas, tasks and processes
- Detail-oriented and can thrive in accomplishing specific mission-driven tasks
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment, able to work without well-worn paths or established protocols
- BA/BS in Finance or Business
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability, military or veteran status or any other basis protected under applicable federal or state law.