Real Estate Investment Agent (NYC) at Better
Founded in 2016, Better is a digital-first homeownership company whose services included mortgage, real estate, title, and homeowners insurance. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- From its founding in 2016 through 2020, Better funded $30.9B in home loans and provided over $7B in cumulative coverage through Better Cover and Better Settlement Services, the insurance divisions of Better
- Ranked #1 on LinkedIn’s Top Startups List for 2020 and 2021
- Ranked #2 on Fortune's Best Companies for Millenials 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces for Women 2021
- People Magazine Companies that Care 2021
- Inc Magazine's Best Workplaces 2021
- Top Women Originators 2021
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- Better has raised over $400M in equity capital since inception
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each person’s perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe it’s important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
Better is a family of companies. Better Mortgage Corporation provides home loans; Better Real Estate, LLC provides real estate services; Better Cover, LLC provides homeowners insurance policies; and Better Settlement Services provides title insurance services.
The Real Estate Team at Better is simplifying the home buying journey for customers by providing them with the ability to partner with top performing agents, and providing them mentorship throughout their home buying journey and simplifying their experience
We are a new team within Better, and are looking for entrepreneurs with strong operational capabilities, business acumen and a “get stuff done” mentality. As part of a newly launched brokerage, you will be an important member of our external team of Licensed Real Estate Agents.
Your role will involve working with our potential buyers to provide the framework for Better’s customer-centric approach throughout the home buying process. You will be building strong relationships with our clients and cross-selling across our expanded suite of services. This position allows you the opportunity to build on your communication and relationship building skills while working directly with our customers and cross functionally within the different departments of the BRE team!
Currently targeting the following areas (additional cities, counties and states to follow):
- TX: Houston, Dallas-Fort Worth, Austin, San Antonio
- CA: Sacramento, San Jose, Los Angeles, Oakland
- CO: Denver, Colorado Springs
- FL: Orlando, Miami, Tampa, Sarasota & St. Petersburg, Palm Beach
- WA: Seattle
- AZ: Phoenix, Tucson
- PA: Philadelphia, Pittsburgh
- NC: Charlotte
- OR: Portland
- TN: Nashville, Memphis
- NY: Manhattan, Brooklyn
- Maximizing conversion of the leads provided to you with diligent follow-up
- Source and locate investment properties for clients
- Navigate investor tours and educate them on the investment process
- Generate comparable sales data to formulate and negotiate offers
- Build a superb end-to-end experience while guiding them through their real estate transaction
- This role is designated as ‘Remote Mode,’ and employees are not expected to report into a Better office at any time. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is not required unless fully remote employees attend an onsite, in-person meeting, office event, or otherwise interface with Better employees and/or customers in person.
- Experience working with investment property transaction volume or the lead on a high performing team (minimum 5 lifetime deals)
- Must be a licensed real estate agent, Broker license preferred
- Must be in good standing with the local Realtor board, or possess the ability to immediately move your license
- Flexible schedule required, including nights and weekend availability
- Valid driver's license preferred
- Ability to think critically and problem solve complex scenarios
- High degree of integrity and work ethic
- Strong interpersonal skills
Job Req ID: JR101690
Better is requiring all US employees to be fully vaccinated in order to go into the office. Our priority is first and foremost the safety of our employees and we require COVID-19 vaccination to help ensure their safety in the workplace. Please note that Better will offer a reasonable accommodation process for employees who are not vaccinated for medical or religious reasons.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to [email protected]. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
California Consumer Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), Better is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants or prospective talent (together "job applicants") about the categories of personal information we collect about you and the purposes for which we will use this information. The notice contains disclosures required by the CCPA and applies only to personal information that is subject to the CCPA.