Reporting Technical Accounting Manager at CLEAR
CLEAR helps create safer, easier experiences everywhere you go. We believe you are you and by using your biometrics – your eyes, face, and fingerprints – we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet. CLEAR is currently available in 50+ airports, venues and more. Now with Health Pass, CLEAR securely connects a person’s digital identity to multiple layers of COVID-related insights to help reduce public health risk and restore peace of mind.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List for the second year in a row and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, CLEAR is providing innovative technology options for businesses and our 5+ million members to help create a safer environment no matter where you go.
We’re looking for a technical accountant to build out our reporting functional and technical accounting policies. You will focus on creating accurate reporting and implementing new accounting standards. Your responsibilities will include preparing accounting white papers, maintaining accounting policy manuals and reviewing new accounting standards for adoption. The ideal candidate will have had experience in SEC reporting, authoring accounting manuals and implementing systems and process.
What You Will Do:
- Prepare and maintain CLEAR's technical accounting white papers on significant accounting areas, as well as the Company's accounting policy manuals
- Analyze new and proposed accounting standards issued by the SEC and the FASB to determine the impact on the company and implement new accounting standards, as required
- Responsible for month-end close activities associated with equity accounts (stock compensation journal entries); review equity transactions and prepare reconciliations of the general ledger to the supporting documents
- Responsible for preparation of statement of equity rollforward, statement of cash flows, and calculation of basic and diluted earnings per share
- Establish the SEC/external Reporting function. Evaluate and implement systems, processes, and procedures to support the transition from a Pre-IPO Company to a public company
- Draft and coordinate the preparation of quarterly and annual SEC disclosures for MD&A and financial statement footnotes as required in Forms 10-Q, 10-K, 8-K earnings releases and other SEC filings
- Prepare all supporting work papers for financial statements and filings and work with the company’s auditors for review
Who You Are:
- 8+ years of experience in Accounting and/or Finance roles, including Big 4 accounting firm experience, National office or Consulting advisory experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP applicable to the technology industry
- CPA required
- Workiva experience is a plus
- Experience in implementing new systems or processes
- Advanced knowledge of US GAAP and SEC Reporting requirements
- Scrappiness and resourcefulness, no fear of getting your hands dirty, and an impulse to be the first to tackle a problem
- Strong Excel skills and experience with Looker or other reporting tools
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills