Research Analyst at Galaxy Digital (Greater NYC Area, NY)
About Galaxy Digital
Galaxy Digital is a diversified financial services firm dedicated to the digital asset, cryptocurrency and blockchain technology industry. As one of the most well-capitalized and trusted companies in the industry, Galaxy Digital is a publicly listed company on the TSX and operates five synergistic business lines: Trading (arbitrage, macro, market making/OTC), Asset Management (passive and active strategies, including venture capital), Principal Investing, Investment Banking Services (capital markets and M&A) and Mining (proprietary mining and mining finance). Galaxy Digital’s CEO and Founder Michael Novogratz leads a team of institutional veterans focused on this high-growth, technology-driven space. The company is headquartered in New York City, with offices in San Francisco, Tokyo, Hong Kong, London, Chicago, the Cayman Islands (registered office) and New Jersey.
Galaxy Digital Research is hiring Analysts to join a growing research team covering the digital assets ecosystem for internal and external clients. These are full-time positions based primarily in New York, NY but with remote flexibility.
Utilizing on-chain data, market data, internal experimentation, industry relationships, and the insights available through Galaxy’s diversified businesses, Galaxy Digital Research has a unique vantagepoint into digital asset markets from which to provide high quality research to our institutional clients and partners. Analysts will generate and disseminate top-tier research products to institutional investors through a multi-channel distribution platform comprised of written reports, audio and visual media, and live interviews and appearances.
On a given day at Galaxy, you will:
- Analyze major public blockchain networks like Bitcoin and Ethereum and associated ecosystems
- Develop and nurture relationships and partnerships with industry stakeholders
- Identify and pursue research topics independently and/or as part of an assigned effort
- Generate unique and insightful research content for internal and external distribution
- Consult with internal and external clients
You've worked hard for:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and creative skills
- Deep interest in and existing knowledge of cryptocurrency networks, markets
- Skills in any of the following: data analysis, financial analysis and modeling, markets and trading, software engineering, computer science, cryptography, network analysis, cybersecurity research
- Prior experience working in any of following industries preferred: equity research, cryptocurrency/digital asset startups and infrastructure, investing and financial services, technology and software development, data analysis and modeling
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Galaxy Digital seeks to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and job applicants for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, gender (including gender identity or pregnancy), sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking, arrest or conviction record, his or her sexual and other reproductive health decisions, or other protected status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.