Yext is the leading Digital Knowledge Management (DKM) platform. Yext's mission is to give companies control over their brand experiences across the digital universe of maps, apps, search engines, voice assistants, and other intelligent services that drive consumer discovery, decision, and action. Today, thousands of businesses including brands like Taco Bell, Rite Aid, and Steward Health use the Yext Knowledge Engine™ to manage their digital knowledge in order to boost brand engagement, drive foot traffic, and increase sales.
Yext is seeking a top tier candidate for a Revenue Accountant position to join our Revenue Accounting Team. The ideal candidate is an ambitious self-starter who is highly motivated to learn and grow within a fast-paced organization. This role will be responsible for supporting the monthly close processes and have significant involvement in the adoption of ASC 606, as well as supporting and initiating general accounting and reporting process improvements. The ideal candidate will have a strong working knowledge of ASC 606, U.S. GAAP, SEC regulations, and internal controls and can exceed in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. This role offers a tremendous opportunity to gain experience with a growing company and have exposure across divisions and with leaders at Yext.
- Perform month-end close activities, including preparation of journal entries and reconciliations for various balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Be a key member involved in the adoption of ASC 606
- Perform financial statement analyses and document meaningful explanations for fluctuations
- Participate in streamlining and process improvement projects, enhancing the internal controls over accounting processes and systems
- Assist in implementing new accounting policies and procedures
- Prepare schedules and reports for management and external service providers
- Provide a high level of customer service with finance and non-finance business partners
- Support external audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility, including preparation of audit schedules
- Support management in completing special projects, ad-hoc reporting and analysis requests, and other tasks as assigned
- Mentor, teach and review the work of other supporting members of the accounting team
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or related field
- 2+ years of accounting experience (preferably with relevant month-end close experience)
- Strong knowledge and application of GAAP, SEC regulations, and internal controls
- Ability to execute, follow-up, and ensure attention to detail
- Commitment to process improvement and the ability to think “out-of the box”
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A team player, adept at building relationships across the organization
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize and multitask
- High degree of dedication to improvement and strong sense of ownership
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and communication (both verbal and written) skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft tools (Excel, Word) is required
- CPA designation
- Experience with a Big 4 firm and/or SEC registered company
- Experience with NetSuite, Salesforce, Zuora and Blackline
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, flexible hours/paid time off, and excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext has been named a Best Place to Work by Fortune and Great Place to Work® as well as a Best Workplace for Women. Yext is headquartered in New York City with offices in Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Geneva, London, Paris, Tyson's Corner, San Francisco, Shanghai, and Tokyo. Learn more about the Yext team and culture on the muse, our website, and our blog.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.