The Squarespace Finance team is seeking a Revenue Accounting professional to join our growing team. In this role, you will gain exposure to all departments across the company, and help the Finance team achieve its monthly, quarterly and annual goals. This includes increasing efficiency through the use of technology, shortening the accounting close cycle, and providing accurate, meaningful data to the leadership team.
You will report into our Accounting Lead and be based in our New York headquarters.
- Execution of monthly revenue close, ensuring accurate results are delivered on time for reporting in accordance with GAAP
- Prepare revenue/deferred revenue journal entries, accounts reconciliations and flux analysis
- Assist with our monthly and quarterly reporting requirements, along with the accumulation of support for our annual audit.
- Support the creation, refinement, and ongoing maintenance of process and controls documentation around internal controls over financial reporting
- Analyze sales transactions within our ERP system to ensure accuracy of data and integrity of revenue, inclusive of revenue allocations
- Work with essential partners, such as Revenue Operations, Legal, and FP&A to help with the ongoing evaluation of systems, processes and controls
- 5+ years of experience in revenue accounting, preferably in the technology industry
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting; CPA a plus
- Experience in accounting for SaaS revenue and an understanding of ASC 606
- Experience with Netsuite General Ledger system a huge plus
- Able to articulate issues and recommendations in a clear and summarized manner with external revenue share partners and other stakeholders
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.