Healthcare is too hard. At Zocdoc, we strive every day to make it easier for patients to get the care they need. Founded with a mission to give power to the patient, Zocdoc enables the seamless healthcare experience patients expect and deserve. Every day, we hear from patients who tell us about the very real difference we’ve made in their lives. You can hear some of their stories here.
The safety and health of our employees is our top priority. As such we will not require our teams to return to the offices until Labor Day 2021. Click here to read more about this decision from Zocdoc's founder and CEO, Oliver Kharraz.
Your Impact on our Mission:
As a Revenue Accountant, you will play a key role in Zocdoc’s revenue recognition and accounting for company growth. You will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with teams across the organization to ensure our revenue accounting is accurate for our products. The Revenue Accountant is responsible for applying their GAAP knowledge to complex areas of the financial statements.
You’ll enjoy this role if you:
- Are detail oriented
- Enjoy taking initiative and owning your own projects
- Are outgoing and eager to tackle our growing revenue streams
- Are able to recognize problems and respond proactively
- Have strong quantitative skills
- Enjoy working in an awesome and friendly environment
Your day to day is:
- Working directly with the Senior Revenue Accountant to review customer arrangements/contracts to ensure consistent application of revenue recognition policies in accordance with relevant accounting literature and corporate policy
- Acting as a liaison for Sales, Sales Operations, and other departments in driving the evaluation of deal structures to ensure compliance with GAAP and revenue recognition standards as well as identifying opportunities to drive further efficiency into our revenue process
- Preparing revenue and deferred revenue schedules and perform related reconciliations
- Managing areas of the month end close to ensure revenue transactions are accurately recorded in Netsuite in accordance with GAAP along with providing variance analysis
- Helping to develop and maintain quality controls over revenue transactions and reporting. Recommend changes to reports and processes to improve productivity and accuracy.
- Evaluating and assessing the impact of new revenue pronouncements/standards on the Company’s revenue recognition model
You’d be successful in this role if you have:
- BS in Accounting, CPA
- 1-3 years of experience (Big 4 is a must) in software, SaaS, subscription model revenue
- Working knowledge of relevant accounting rules (i.e. ASC 606, subscription model; multiple element arrangements, etc.)
- Experience with reviewing and analyzing customer orders and contracts and related documentation to identify revenue-related issues for resolution and proper accounting treatment
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with all levels and cross-functionality within the Company as well as excellent verbal and written communications skills with the ability to communicate complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to recognize problems, gather data, draw valid conclusions and effectively present information to managers, peers and third parties
- NetSuite experience preferred as well as excellent excel skills working with large volumes of data
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% covered health care for employees
- Catered lunch everyday along with snacks
- Cell Phone reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Convenient Soho location
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.