theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than seven million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, and take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, and we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, and on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, and more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed and empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, and more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 100 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives and we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimm’s Operations Team is a group of fast-moving and analytical thinkers who thrive on getting stuff done. As a lean team at theSkimm, we do more with less and we hustle. Nobody is too senior or too junior to do something. Everybody executes, and we are always in growth mode. Reporting to theSkimm's Director of Operations, we're looking to hire an analyst to support internal stakeholders and teams as we scale our monetization and ad sales efforts. By analyzing and reporting on theSkimm's first party data, you'll ensure we meet our objectives as a growing organization.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Act as a central source of analytics and data measurement for all sales and revenue related activities at theSkimm
- Partner with Sales, Client Services, Finance and Executive teams to measure and analyze the effectiveness of native advertising campaigns to develop insights and make recommendations
- Build and manage sales reporting at theSkimm including but not limited to: sales performance analysis and forecasting, traffic analysis, inventory forecasting, yield analysis
- Intake, analyze and respond to data requests related to theSkimm’s native advertising campaigns, working primarily in Excel and third party data tools
- Perform ad-hoc revenue analysis as needed
- Develop a strong understanding of theSkimm’s value to brands in order to convey that value to existing and prospective clients, serving as a brand steward to all clients and outside contacts
WHAT WILL SET YOU UP FOR SUCCESS
- 2+ years of sales analytics or revenue reporting and analysis experience
- Expert in Excel and fluency with Powerpoint
- Highly analytical self starter with the ability to handle stressful situations and think creatively
- Strong attention to detail while still working under tight deadlines on a fast paced team
- Comfortable working with a wide range of internal stakeholders, including executives and leadership teams
WHAT WILL SET YOU APART
- Experience at a digital media company
- Experience within a startup environment
- Experience writing advanced SQL queries
- Comfortability learning new systems and tools related to data analysis, reporting and visualization
WHAT WE OFFER
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurances, starting on your first day!
- Competitive salary & equity packages alongside annual performance reviews aimed at rewarding and recognizing our diverse talents
- Flexible vacation policy and generous holiday observances
- MassMutual 401(k) program
- One Medical Membership
- Subsidized family planning and fertility benefits through Carrot Fertility
- Up to $400 in annual gym-membership reimbursement
- Collaborative office space with a mix of snacks, seltzer, caffeine and a pretty sweet roof deck
- Catered meals and drinks during our weekly "Sip’n Skimm" all-hands meeting and monthly "Skimm'e A Drink!" happy hour
- The opportunity to be part of a friendly, hardworking and diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter.
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY