We're ushering in the era of Data Intelligence.
We’re shaping the way companies manage data by helping customers connect the right data, insights, and algorithms for all Data Citizens. When everyone across the organization is enabled with data, true transformation can take place. We are building a team of exceptional people to help us deliver on that promise. If you are interested in a career at the leading edge of technology, we look forward to hearing from you.
How you'll make an impact at Collibra:
We are looking for an experienced manager to oversee our revenue accounting function to ensure the financial integrity of multiple revenue streams. This is a cross-functional role requiring effective collaboration, communication as well as a proactive approach to gathering key data and providing insight to guide the treatment of new revenue initiatives and improvement to existing procedures.
A day in the life of a Revenue Manager at Collibra:
You’ll be reporting directly to the Controller, and will be responsible for a wide range of tasks, including:
- Hands on role overseeing the day-to-day operations of Revenue, in partnership with the Controller, to ensure optimization of procedures and processes in place to produce timely and accurate financial information for management and external reporting purposes.
- Support accounting solutions for multiple revenue streams including Cloud Subscription, Term License and Professional Services.
- Review and summarize customer contracts for proper revenue recognition in accordance with company policy and revenue recognition accounting standards. Draft white-papers detailing accounting treatment of unique agreements.
- Review SSP compliance and prepare related analysis.
- Partner with Legal department and business teams to interpret complex or unique contract provisions or new revenue initiatives. Research and document accounting issues and recommend solutions for complex transactions as needed.
- Drive the monthly close process; coordinate with other teams to ensure timely recording of transactions and the completeness and accuracy of financial statements.
- Prepare timely internal and external financial reporting, flux analyses and account reconciliations.
- Responsibility for ensuring accurate accounting of commissions and deferred commissions.
- Support external audits. Primary contact with external audit for global revenue.
- Work as liaison with project teams to develop or improve finance solutions, including the design and review of IT systems.
- BS in Accounting, Finance or Business
- 5+ years of experience in progressive roles
- Experience with ASC606 Software Revenue Recognition and contract review
- Experience managing critical projects such as system implementations, ERP system enhancements, and system upgrades. Netsuite experience a plus.
- Strong business acumen and financial literacy.
- Strong understanding of process and operations in a fast-paced business environment.
- Strong quantitative analysis skillset, with the ability to read, analyze, interpret and explain complex financial data.
- Strong leadership, team building and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to partner productively in a cross-functional capacity.
- Be a self-starter, have a positive attitude, maintain a solution-oriented work ethic.
- Heavy emphasis on communication and being a team-player.
- Motivated by new challenges, strive to be consistently learning and improving.
- Ability to work dynamically with a variety of internal business partners (financial and non-financial personnel both within the US and abroad).
- A friendly, rapidly growing environment where your input is valued and growth is fostered
- Ongoing opportunities to collaborate with fellow Collibrians globally
- Flexible hours = quality > quantity
- A state-of-the-art laptop
- And of course, a competitive salary with a strong benefits package