Revenue Operations Analyst at Cockroach Labs
Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world. Cockroach Labs is the creator of CockroachDB, the most highly evolved cloud-native, distributed SQL database on the planet that scales fast, survives anything, and thrives anywhere. We created CockroachDB to unshackle teams from the constraints of their database. Join us on our mission to enable every developer to build world-changing applications!
As a Revenue Operations Analyst you will be an integral link between the sales organization, marketing and finance, as well as other teams supporting the go-to-market at Cockroach Labs. This role will be responsible for managing reporting, analytics and dashboards, including sales forecast, pipeline and key productivity metrics. The Revenue Operations Analyst will build models to analyze complex sales issues and provide key insights for sales performance optimization. The successful candidate will have a broad understanding and experience with the selling process, exceptional financial, analytical and organizational skills and be comfortable juggling multiple tasks while meeting strict deadlines. This position is a great opportunity to deepen experience in sales analysis and planning with additional opportunity for more responsibility, leadership and development. This role will be remote in the US.You Will
- Manage and execute sales operational processes and reporting, including weekly forecast, bookings, current quarter and future pipeline, commissions, sales hiring/headcount.
- Support fiscal year planning, including quota allocation, territory optimization, sales capacity and coverage model, sales compensation analysis, market sizing
- Monitor, analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of the sales organization and provide insights into sales productivity and market penetration
- Develop scalable automated management level dashboards and scorecards to provide benchmarking and progress against key goals
- Maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in planning, forecasting, and modeling approaches used by the sales organization
- Work with Finance team to ensure accuracy, consistency and integrity in reporting and analysis
- Continually evaluate develop and implement new, meaningful methods for data analysis to inform sales performance
- Drive sales force effectiveness initiatives to the sales force to maximize selling results and overall productivity
- Other projects as assigned in Revenue Operations to impact sales productivity.
In your first 30 days, you will complete our general and sales onboarding programs and learn about our message and product. We believe that it's essential for you to take this first month to become familiar with our technology and our company. During this time, you will also take a deep dive into our current metrics and sales operation processes in order to discern opportunities to build and scale.
In your first 60 days, you will establish a list of priorities that will help us scale and begin to build a roadmap to execute. This includes proposing improved processes to drive sales productivity more effectively.
After 3 months, you'll be fully integrated into the team. You will begin executing on the priorities you have developed as well as lead weekly, monthly and quarterly processes in support of the Revenue organization.
- BA/BS required; 2-3 years of experience in management consulting, sales operations, sales analysis, financial planning, investment banking or corporate strategy group
- Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as strong documentation, data management, and analysis skills
- Very strong Microsoft office skills (expert level Microsoft Excel)
- Must a have working knowledge of Salesforce.com as it pertains to reporting
- Experience manipulating complex and large data sets; SQL experience is highly desirable
- Ability to organize and analyze large sets of data into meaningful and concise reports, and propose solutions to multiple levels of management
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and respond to requests in timely manner
- Creative, smart thinker able to scale steep learning curves quickly.
- Team player that understands success rests on helping others to be successful.
- Passionate about Cockroach Labs and our opportunity, and driven to succeed; “whatever it takes” attitude!