Revenue Operations Lead
The Squarespace Finance team is seeking an eager and intellectually curious Enterprise Revenue Operations Lead to join our growing team. This role will lead revenue accounting and build out the functionality to support an enterprise deal desk, fulfillment and revenue recognition function for enterprise customers and contracts. In this role, you will gain exposure to several departments across the company, and help the Finance team achieve its monthly, quarterly and annual objectives. This includes, but is not limited to, increasing efficiency through the use of technology, shortening the accounting close cycle, and providing accurate, meaningful data to the leadership team.
We expect the Enterprise Revenue Operations Lead to be an integral member of our small, but highly proficient, Finance team. The successful candidate will combine a strong accounting foundation, experience creating and running to scale revenue operations function for enterprise software, and the desire to learn and develop their skills. This role reports into the Corporate Controller in our New York headquarters.
- Perform technical revenue accounting analysis on new and existing enterprise business arrangements in accordance with ASC 606
- Build a revenue operations function from order management through revenue recognition with solid internal controls and efficiency
- Work with the legal team and operating departments to review draft enterprise contracts and offerings and provide guidance on accounting treatment for the contracts
- Establish and follow a process for ASC 606 as it relates to Squarespace’s enterprise offerings
- Execution of monthly enterprise revenue close, ensuring accurate results are delivered on time for reporting in accordance with GAAP
- Support external audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility
- Assist in the preparation of Squarespace’s ’s monthly and quarterly reporting requirements, along with the accumulation of support for the Squarespace’s annual audit
- Assist in the improvement of accounting business processes to improve productivity and create operating efficiencies across the company
- Other responsibilities include but are not limited to participation in special projects, system enhancements or ad hoc analyses as assigned
- 8+ years of experience in general accounting functions, including 3+ years of experience owning revenue accounting for enterprise contracts in a SaaS environment
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving abilities
- Strong communication skills, including communicating accounting concepts to non-accountants
- Experience building requirements for enterprise fulfillment & revenue recognition systems. Experience with Netsuite General Ledger system a plus
- Excellent time and self-management skills, ability to prioritize and multitask to meet deadlines required.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting; CPA a plus
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 900 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 18 weeks of parental leave
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.