Revenue Staff Accountant at CLEAR
CLEAR helps create safer, easier experiences everywhere you go. We believe you are you and by using your biometrics – your eyes, face, and fingerprints – we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet. CLEAR is currently available in 50+ airports, venues and more. Now with Health Pass, CLEAR securely connects a person’s digital identity to multiple layers of COVID-related insights to help reduce public health risk and restore peace of mind.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List for the second year in a row and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, CLEAR is providing innovative technology options for businesses and our 5+ million members to help create a safer environment no matter where you go.
Clear’s growing Accounting department is seeking a dynamic new addition to the team. This role will report to the Accounting Manager of Brand Partnerships and will focus on the day-to-day responsibilities of our billing process. This generally includes invoicing customers, preparing journal entries, and assisting with matters related to Clear’s revenue partnerships.
What You Will Do:
- Support our new B2B relationships by creating monthly invoices and following up on outstanding collections as needed
- Post journal entries to record cash, revenue, and receivables on a regular basis
- Maintain deferred revenue schedules and prepare month-end journal entries for review
- Connect with our growth team to maintain a list of all up to date new contracts and track any changes to the terms of agreements as relationships evolve
- Assess contracts for proper accounting processes and present for monthly review
- Respond to ad-hoc reporting and analysis requests as needed
- Assist with the annual financial statement audit process
- Assist with driving system adoption to streamline our current billing process
Who You Are:
- 2+ years in accounting, audit, or related field
- BS in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA is a plus!
- Scrappiness and resourcefulness, no fear of getting your hands dirty, and an impulse to be the first to tackle a problem
- Strong Excel skills; familiarity with Looker or other reporting tools a plus
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills