Risk Lead at Brex
Why join us
Brex is reimagining financial systems so every growing company can realize their full potential. As the financial OS, we’re building software and services in one place—disrupting long-entrenched institutions with products and experiences that better serve the ambitions of our customers.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Risk at Brex
The Risk team is the bridge between our product and our customers. Our priority is to keep our customers happy and their businesses protected, while delivering vital information back to our internal teams. We are responsible for underwriting all of our customers, while simultaneously managing Brex’s risk exposures. We work cross-functionally with Operations, Compliance, Data, and Engineering to allow Brex to scale efficiently, keeping quality top of mind.
What you’ll do
This is an opportunity to work on solving Brex’s hardest risk problems with some of the industry’s brightest minds. As a Risk Lead you will focus on building out a fraud system for Brex Cash that scales in our hyper-growth environment. You will partner with industry experts across Finance, Operations, Risk and Engineering to build a world class fraud system. As Brex’s business scales, risk exposure increases as well. In this role, you will have the unique opportunity to drive solutions for some of Brex’s hardest problems across the Risk organization.
- Scale Brex Cash to maximize profitability for the company which entails minimizing fraud and maximizing revenue
- Drive down losses by leveraging data-informed insights to reduce fraud exposure on our ACH, wire or check transactions
- Collaborate with members of the risk team to review data and make recommendations for mitigating imminent risks
- Partner with Product, Engineering, Data Science and many other teams to build new features for Brex Cash that improve value to the customer while keeping Brex and our customers safe
- Stay informed about environmental factors that impact fraud or post a variety of other risks (i.e Partner Risk, Operational Risk, or Financial Risk among others)
- 6-10 years of experience with operations, risk, payments or a related field
- 2+ years of experience with fraud risk management
- Proficient with database languages such as SQL, dashboarding and data analytics
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- BS/BA degree in mathematics, economics, computer science or a related field
- Experience with statistical analysis, scripting languages such as Python or R
- A wide range of expertise with risk systems, fraud prevention, or credit risk management
- Experience with ACH, Wire, or Check processing or fraud systems
- A creative curiosity, collaborative ethic, hardworking enthusiasm and driving personal vision
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Highly self-driven and proactively seeking to solve new problems