Senior Accountant, Accounts Receivable
Fluent, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNT), is a fast-growing company transforming online advertising through a commitment to performance and people-based marketing. Backed by a powerful team of experts, Fluent’s customer acquisition platform uses real-time, self-reported consumer insights to help our clients reach, acquire, and retain their ideal customers. As the company continues to grow, the team is proud to be a premier acquisition partner to hundreds of leading brands; we also have a shiny trophy case with some tokens from Crain’s and Forbes.
This role will report to the Controller and will be responsible for ensuring accurate and timely revenue reporting. The senior accountant is responsible for preparing month end close reconciliations and accruals as well as supervise and develop the Staff Accountant(s). This role will also play a critical part in process improvements and documentation, increasing team members’ effectiveness and ability to provide valuable insights. The job requires strong organization skills, attention to detail, a strong foundation in accounting fundamentals. Experience with SOX controls is a plus.
- Oversee internal revenue tracking systems to ensure accurate usage and maintenance
- Supervise invoicing and collections process; work with internal teams to improve and decrease DSO
- Identify and lead improvements for scalable processes with strong controls
- Prepare ad hoc analysis to support internal teams as required
- Lead and develop junior team members
- Review & approve credit applications processed by staff accountant
- Key role in quarterly audits
- Manage month-end close process for revenue accounts
- Analyze budget vs. forecasted SGA variances
- Prepare and book monthly revenue accrual
- Review monthly account reconciliations and analyze variances
- Prepare correcting journal entries (reclass and others)
- Budget for bad debt
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
This role is an opportunity to further develop in all areas of accounting in a fast-paced, technology focused, mid-size company. In addition to an undergraduate degree/studies in Business, Accounting, Finance or 3-6 years of related work experience, the ideal candidate will be:
- Confident & humble. You’re comfortable acknowledging what you don’t know, give others the benefit of the doubt, and excited about leveraging your natural strengths.
- Passionate about what you do. You’re excited about being a part of Fluent, eager to contribute and learn, ask a lot of questions and proactively look for improvements.
- Thorough & accurate. You don’t consider the work complete until you have all the information needed. “Do it once & do it right” is your motto!
- Highly organized. You’re able to manage multiple priorities and work with a high sense of urgency.
- A creative problem solver. You don’t stop when you hit a speed bump and enjoy figuring out the best path forward and reach your destination.
- Positive. You are a curious and constant learner, where every day and every task is an opportunity to learn. Challenges are opportunities to showcase your skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3-6 Years of experience
- Strong, highly diplomatic, communication skills
- Aptitude for improving accounting operations
- Comfortable with technology and software, including Outlook and Excel
- Experience with Oracle, Quickbooks and/or any Accounting ERP required
- CPA, public company experience and/or entrepreneurial environment strongly preferred
We take a lot of care to ensure this role and the candidate are a good match. To help us do that, all applicants must submit a cover letter along with a resume. So tell us what you’re about, why you are interested in this role, and why you think this will be a good match! Please note, resumes without a cover letter will not be considered.
At Fluent, we like what we do and we like who we do it with. Our team is a tight-knit crew of go-getters; we love to celebrate our successes! In addition to two fully-stocked kitchens, catered breakfast and lunch, and free workout classes on site, our office manager keeps the calendar stocked with activity-filled events. When we’re not eating, working out, or planning parties, Fluent folks can be found participating in recreational sports leagues, networking with She Runs It, and bonding with across teams during quarterly outings to baseball games, fancy dinners, and pizza-making classes. And we have all the practical benefits, too…