Senior Accountant (Consolidations) at Peloton
We are looking for a senior accountant to help manage Peloton’s intercompany relationships and consolidation of the global results of Peloton on a monthly basis. This is a high-visibility role, which requires coordinating the flow of information from multiple business units located worldwide to the various global finance teams. This candidate will be responsible for taking ownership of the end to end workstream process related to accounting tasks through development and implementation of best practices within the accounting and financial reporting processes. The ideal candidate will have experience working within both SaaS and Retail business models, have excellent business acumen, and will be a natural numbers wizard that with applicable expertise in Excel and other tools. In addition, the candidate has strong knowledge in regards to U.S. GAAP, business process design, internal controls and experience working with external auditors. They are an analytical thinker, with a data driven background that supports cross-functional work streams and work products which allow for strategic and knowledgeable decision making. The ideal candidate is looking for an opportunity to learn and grow and be a part of Peloton’s multifaceted business.
- Manage the preparation of the monthly consolidation with multiple domestic and international subsidiaries in accordance with US GAAP and ensure accurate and timely reporting
- Review and document intercompany transactions and accounting controls to ensure proper elimination of intercompany transactions upon consolidation.
- Perform continuous assessment of the consolidation close process and implement controls to improve consistency and accuracy of the reported results.
- Review international reporting package submissions
- Assist in the testing and development of Peloton’s future state ERP intercompany elimination and consolidation tools
- Ownership of month-end close process for assigned areas, including daily interaction with business partners and external auditors.
- Ensure data compliance for assigned accounts across all relevant systems
- Book and Review monthly journal entries and prepare and review related balance sheet account reconciliations
- Maintain ownership over preparing analytics over financial results on a monthly basis and report on variances versus plan and prior periods to efficiently report results to upper management and internal business partners
- Investigate reporting discrepancies and communicate issues as they arrive in a timely manner
- Own the process in development of robust documentation around SOX Compliant Internal Controls, and ensure all controls are performed and documented in a manner that will meet requirements of internal and external auditors.
- Continually improve business processes through automation, thoughtful analysis and researching or benchmarking best practices inside and outside of the company
- Actively maintain and review designated General Ledger accounts and activity
- Support business process by partnering with other departments, including but not limited to FP&A, Accounts payable, treasury, tax, human resources, IT, legal and Supply Chain
- Partake in ad hoc team projects and analysis, as assigned
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting or Finance; Active CPA or CPA eligible strongly preferred
- In depth knowledge of Accounting theory and application of U.S. GAAP
- 3+ years of relevant Accounting experience; Big Four experience highly preferred
- Experience with financial reporting and financial statement preparation; SEC experience a plus
- Experience with working in a complex ERP system
- Experience in technology, retail and/or e-commerce preferred
- Excellent communication skills; proven ability to communicate effectively with internal and external business partners at various levels
- Proactive self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced environment and an ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet pressing deadlines
- Team player with a strong work ethic
- Tech savvy and MS Excel super user (candidate must be comfortable working with and analyzing large datasets)
- Experience working with various systems including, but not limited to NetSuite, Oracle, SAP, Coupa, Kyriba, CoStar and Blackline.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.