Senior Accountant, Corporate Accounting at Celonis
The time is now to start your next career step at Celonis, one of the fastest growing global tech companies worldwide
Celonis is the leader in business transformation software - the Execution Management Systems (EMS) lifts barriers to execution capacity to maximize business performance. Powered by its market-leading process mining core, the Celonis EMS helps companies manage every facet of execution management from analytics, to strategy and planning, management, actions and automations. For Global 2000 companies, transforming to an intelligent enterprise has become a key strategic priority. Celonis disrupted what had previously been a manual, time-consuming and expensive consulting-driven approach to jump-start and operationalize change in transformation initiatives. Celonis has thousands of global customers including ABB, AstraZeneca, Bosch, Coca Cola, Citibank, Dell, GSK, John Deere, L’Oreal, Siemens, Uber, Vodafone, and Whirlpool. Particularly in these uncertain times Celonis plays an impactful role in helping customers to use their execution capacity the best way possible.
Celonis is headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York, US, and has in total 15 offices worldwide.The company has grown 5,000% in 4 years and 300% in the past year. Celonis now counts as a Decacorn, having raised $1 billion in our most recent funding round in June 2021, valuing the company at more than $11 billion. Since opening its US headquarter in New York in September 2016 it has quickly added blue chip customers like Lockheed Martin, ExxonMobil, Honeywell, and Mars to its client roster. The US is the fastest growing region for Celonis and will soon exceed 50% of its total revenue, and therefore expanding US offices in New York, San Francisco, Raleigh, as well as Toronto, Canada, and Latin America.
- Assist with the monthly financial close by preparing account reconciliations, submitting journal entries and working with other cost centers to obtain relevant information.
- Prepare monthly expense analyses and explain trends/variances.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet account reconciliations with supporting schedules.
- Assist in implementing accounting policies and procedures
- Support Leadership with various ad-hoc analyses and management reporting.
- Design monthly financial close procedures in order to obtain more accurate and timely results
- Partner with the financial systems team to ensure we adhere to the philosophy of “continuous improvement” by always looking for ways to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of our processes
- Keep up-to-date on industry trends by networking with peers in the SaaS industry to continue to implement best practices
- Interfacing with external auditors, as needed
- 3-5 years of relevant accounting experience
- BA/BS in Accounting (required)
- Licensed CPA and/or Big 4 background a plus
- Prior experience with a cloud-based ERP preferable (Workday)
- Prior software industry experience a plus
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and SOX required
- Problem solver with thoughtful, efficient and automated solutions
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure
- Dependable with deliverables and deadlines, able to multi-task
- Confidence, good judgment, energy and personality to work in a fast-paced environment across all levels of management and across functions and geographies
- Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Different makes us better.
Have a look at our full Diversity statement here.